La Vega and Jarabacoa

jlewfirtree

Dec 3, 2008
Hi again.

Is it doable to go to La Vega for the carnival and the waterfalls in Jarabacoa in the same day?

They look close on the map, but I do not have a rental car, and would rely on public transportation.

I would leave Santo Domingo tomorrow morning, and either go direct to Jarabacoa, or to La vega and then Jarabacoa, and then back to La Vega for the carnival, and back to SD that night.

Does anyone have any imput on this? Or can anyone offer possible busses, guaguas, or routes?

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Hi again.

Is it doable to go to La Vega for the carnival and the waterfalls in Jarabacoa in the same day?

They look close on the map, but I do not have a rental car, and would rely on public transportation.

I would leave Santo Domingo tomorrow morning, and either go direct to Jarabacoa, or to La vega and then Jarabacoa, and then back to La Vega for the carnival, and back to SD that night.

Does anyone have any imput on this? Or can anyone offer possible busses, guaguas, or routes?
You're trying to stuff 10 lbs. of salami into a 5lb. tube.

Importatlanta

Jul 18, 2007
Everything is possible.. But public transportation...

Nope.. lol

I mean, La vega and Jarabacoa are like 20 to 30 Minutes.. going Up hill..
But on a Sunday.. hell naw !

jangeador

Jan 22, 2004
You can do it if you leave early morning to Jarabacoa, then you need to use motoconcho or taxi to take you to the Waterfalls as they are not a walking distance from the city. After you finish you will need a taxi to take you to La Vegas as there is no public transportation on Sunday.

jcrew20

Jun 22, 2005
Very to easy to do

Caribe Tours bus direct SD to Jarabacoa- 2 hours
Tour Waterfalls
Get small van in Jarabacoa (next to Police Station) to La Vega- 30 mins
Caranaval Starts around 3pm
Take Vegano Express bus back to SD