If you could change one thing

Norteman

Dec 15, 2008
If you could change one thing in the DR, for the better what would it be?

What i mean here is if one thing changed, tourists, retirees, expats etc. would feel more at ease or more inclined to making this picturesque country a place to call a permanent home.

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
The balance of the law toward gringos/gringas. And 50 peso presidente light at every north coast bar!

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Awareness of trash and litter.

We should channel Lady Bird Johnson...

donmobay

Say what ! ???
Dec 10, 2005
foam rubber

i wood remove all the foam rubber from every brasierre in this and other country . let them float on their own. i hate foam...
i mean its ok to use on the boat or the dock...

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Seriously? Publicos and motoconchos

And trash, this is a big issue.

then shoot all the politicians...and then see who would stand for elections...

HB

Reactions: drloca

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
If you could change one thing in the DR, for the better what would it be?

What i mean here is if one thing changed, tourists, retirees, expats etc. would feel more at ease or more inclined to making this picturesque country a place to call a permanent home.

The way many Dominicans allow themselves to be exploited. In the short term, however, that would not make tourists or expats more 'at ease'. But then I don't consider the needs of expats or tourists particularly important when they are vastly overshadowed by the needs of Dominicans.

Your question is legitimate, Norteman. I just happen to have a different set of priorities.

cougar

Jan 27, 2009
trash isn't that bad, i am impressed how clean it is. i used to live in bolivia now you can complain about trash

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
where are you from? is it solved in your country?

Strange question.
Why do you ask?
Is there a nation free of poverty and racism?
I answered the O.P.s question in good faith.
These are the things I would like to change about D.R. - not particularly things that are not a problem in my country - or any of the 47 countries I have been to recently.

But as you asked -

Sadly no.
The poor in my native country have only one car per family and probably rent their home. They have to struggle by with only basic cable, may not have a clothes dryer and even have only 1 cellphone each. They may be reduced to using public transport and are only able to afford 1 or 2 holidays per year.

As for racism - they struggle now too.
These days the racism is directed against eastern Europeans and you can't tell them apart by looking as they are white. This is a terrible mess as the idiots do not know who to hate anymore.

Mujermaravilla

Jun 15, 2006
Strange question.
Why do you ask?
Is there a nation free of poverty and racism?
I answered the O.P.s question in good faith.
These are the things I would like to change about D.R. - not particularly things that are not a problem in my country - or any of the 47 countries I have been to recently.

But as you asked -

Sadly no.
The poor in my native country have only one car per family and probably rent their home. They have to struggle by with only basic cable, may not have a clothes dryer and even have only 1 cellphone each. They may be reduced to using public transport and are only able to afford 1 or 2 holidays per year.

As for racism - they struggle now too.
These days the racism is directed against eastern Europeans and you can't tell them apart by looking as they are white. This is a terrible mess as the idiots do not know who to hate anymore.

Well, then

I guess you put me in my place.... lol
do you honestly I'm going to take your sorry attempt at justifying your answer seriously?

If your country is as close to utopia as you say it is then where is it? let me find out. maybe I'll want to move there. Thanks for coming to these parts of the world and showing us the way.

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
WTF is wrong with you?
Did you not get enough hugs when you were a kid?

The question was asked and I answered it - no justification necessary.
Why the attack?

That is the truth about poverty and racism in my country of origin.
We are not a poor country but we have some racist idiots.

I do not think they would let your sort in there - sorry.