recipe/pollo con salsa

S

Sam

I've eaten this many times, and was never able to get the recipe. Anyone know the secret formula?

D

DR One

It is not likely that someone will be able to come up with a recipe with the title you give which will translate as chicken with sauce. Perhaps you mean "pollo guisado" or stewed chicken?

J

Jared

Can you give recipies for both Dolores, the both just sound so good..... What about pollo cirolla, I had that once in Boca Chica and loved it.....

J

Jared

I meant to say pollo criolla, I had it at this little store front restaurant in Boca Chica, it consisted of half a breast a drumstick, white rice with a red colored sauce as was the chicken, very tasty, had a nice lime/lemon vinegar type flavor. Oh, by the way, found this tool the other day surfing, you might want to link it to your page it is really helpful for Spanish/English and English/Spanish Translations.

D

DR One

Chicken in Tomato Sauce (Pollo guisado en salsa de tomate) makes 8 servings Taken from the Dominican Cookbook by Mar?a Ram?rez de Car?as

Ingredientes: 1 3-1/2 to 4 lb. chicken, cut into serving pieces and rinsed in cold water and the juice of one sour orange or lime. 3 garlic gloves (crushed) 1 medium red onion (grated) 1 teaspoon oregano 3 tablespoons cooking wine 2 chicken bouillon cubes (dissolved in six tablespoons hot water) 3 tablespoons cooking oil 1 celery stalk (chopped) 1 medium carrot (sliced) 1 small green pepper (chopped) 1 bunch of green onions (finely sliced) 1 teaspoon capers (chopped) 1 tablespoon green salad olives (sliced) 3 tablespoons tomato paste (dissolved in 1/2 cup hot water)

Directions: At least six hours ahead, marinate the chicken pieces with the garlic, grated onion, oregano, cooking wine and dissolved chicken bouillon cubes. Refrigerate. Heat the cooking oil at high temperature and brown the chicken parts on all sides. Reduce hte heat to medium temperature and add the celery, carrot, green pepper, green onions, capers, salad olives and dissolved tomato paste. Add also any remaining juice of the chicken's marinade. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes, or until the chicken is tender. Serve hot.