Weddings

Status
Not open for further replies.

eralc777

Aug 6, 2005
Im investigating wedding options on the North Coast. I want to go for the cheaper option between going to an AI resot or getting married in like the town hall in Puerto Plata and they having a nice reception somewhere. Does anyone have any idea of how much it costs in Puerto Plata?

Also, would anyone have any idea of how much it would cost in a resort, just for the ceremony, cake, meal for say 30 guests, wedding planner, hair and make up, without rooms for the guests?

I cant find any of this info out online. Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
If you look up each individual hotel's website they will have info on weddings. Here's one example.

Occidental Weddings

You can also check Debbie's travel. The site doesn't seem to be working for me this morning. We have this thread with prices outside a resort but the info is a few years old now but it might give you some ideas.

Good luck

M

MirianAmor

Im investigating wedding options on the North Coast. I want to go for the cheaper option between going to an AI resot or getting married in like the town hall in Puerto Plata and they having a nice reception somewhere. Does anyone have any idea of how much it costs in Puerto Plata?

Also, would anyone have any idea of how much it would cost in a resort, just for the ceremony, cake, meal for say 30 guests, wedding planner, hair and make up, without rooms for the guests?

Thanks.

If one of you is Dominican and the other a True Resident, the cost is 1000.00 Pesos
at the registry office in Puerto Plata.

eralc777

Aug 6, 2005
One is Dominican the other not a resident. Im guessing the price will go up then!!!

Has anyone got married in Puerto Plata? Was it nice? What they wanted??? Any problems?

M

MirianAmor

One is Dominican the other not a resident. Im guessing the price will go up then!!!

Has anyone got married in Puerto Plata? Was it nice? What they wanted??? Any problems?

The price is then RD$5,000.00. We did. Yes and Yes and No, in that order

IslandPrincess

Jun 16, 2008
pier gorgios

Thanks.

I always loved the Idea of this place for a wedding. Absolutely beautiful, and I don't think it costs that much.
Hotel Sosua | Piergiorgio Palace Hotel Sosua Dominican Republic

laurar

Jun 19, 2008
We were married at the Piergiorgio Palace Hotel in Sosua, in May 2008. It was an amazing, beautiful location. Maria the wedding coordinator was fantastic it cost approx $5000.00 for around 60 people that included the judge, meal, flowers - which were so beautiful, cake, alcohol, wedding photographer. We were staying at an all inclusive in Playa Dorada but she gave us a room for the girls to get ready in. The salon did an amazing job on our make up, hair. The food was delicious and setting was fabulous. I highly recommend it. If you pm me I can send you a couple of photos.

Linda Stapleton

Jun 3, 2003
Cabarete Wedding

We got married recently and had the ceremony and reception at Tropicoco Restaurant on a Saturday evening. There were 24 guests and they organised the lower dining area just for us. It was beautiful, just what we wanted, economical and we can't praise the restaurant owners and staff enough - they really went out of their way to make it special.

The judge came to our location and it was only 2,000 pesos more than having the ceremony at the Ayuntamiento but a zillion times nicer. Can't comment on hair, make up etc as it was a do-it-yourself job!

Congratulations and enjoy, where ever you decide on.

Status
Not open for further replies.