Sea Horse Ranch: residents / experiences

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
I'd like to hear about first hand experiences past and present owners of property/ies inside Sea Horse Ranch (Sosua-Cabrarete) had or have.

I am also inviting PM or e-mail discussions if you prefer to keep the discussion private (privacy which I guarantee to fully honor).

Thanks! ... J-D.

Bayx-**

May 30, 2008
My advice to you is to stay in the place for a few and pay close attention at how things are handling. Your best source would be the services staff; they usually know more than the eyes can see.

liam1

Bronze
Jun 9, 2004
I know there are many villas for sale in SHR, a French guy told me the reason for many is high community maintenance fees, which he said he heard are around 3000 USD a month. He does not live there. Sounds kinda high but given all the security, outside lightning, landescaping... there is, ???

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
I know there are many villas for sale in SHR, a French guy told me the reason for many is high community maintenance fees, which he said he heard are around 3000 USD a month. He does not live there. Sounds kinda high but given all the security, outside lightning, landescaping... there is, ???

The current "maintenance" fees (as quoted to me by SHR officers on January 2009), are USD 600/month per property.

... J-D.

leehall

Oct 24, 2006
Add power / water / cable and you will end up at $US 2250+ depending on the size of the pool and how often / many a/c's you run

liam1

Bronze
Jun 9, 2004
Community fees are nothing to do with those. Your maids and pool service and so on are your choice whether you want it or not.

leehall

Oct 24, 2006
liam, I don't understand your comment. $US600 is the monthly fee + water + electricity + cable. Your monthly costs will be anywhere from $US2,250 to $US4,500 depending on your house. All utilities are provided by and billed by SHR at different rates to the 'normal' supplier and will make up the balance on your monthly 'community' fees.

liam1

Bronze
Jun 9, 2004
You must pay the $600 if you OWN a property there, regarding if you are living there or not. All other expenses are up to you, if you want you don't have to turn the A/C on once.

leehall

Oct 24, 2006

Coming back to your first post of $US3k maintenance fees, your buddy probably does not understand that this is the av. cost per house for living in the project i.e. using water / power etc.

liam1

Bronze
Jun 9, 2004
No matter where you live you will have to pay for water, power, cable... if you want to have it, community maintenance has nothing to do with your personal expenses, that fee is for the security, outside lighting, road maintenance, "public" landscaping... and that is $600 a months. You can choose to cut your cable, cut the power, water, but you will still have to pay the $600, which the French guy told me was around $3000. You are right, he probably misunderstood.

ddoran

Apr 23, 2006
just looking there

just had showings of several nice houses there by bob and pat k from remax and from jennifer kirkman, whose father started the development way back when
$600 for monthly fees with 1/2 of that going for the general security of the area (see mexico for why it is worth it)
electricity bill is much higher here as you buy it from shr but it stays on
drove by 3 "strange" houses here and the rest were very nice
limited beachfront
great views
wealthy neighbors which could be very good or very bad
should compare for dollar value to panorama or hacienda el choco
first came to this area in 1979 as peace corps vol.
weather on north coast has not been so nice this year
dd