Arriving Tomorrow Afternoon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lexusis3

Jan 14, 2009
At work and counting down the hours until our flight to the DR tomorrow morning! Will be in Cabarate from the 19th until the 24th. Is there anything special going on these days we should make sure we make it to? Concert, club, bar, restaurant, party? We are all in our mid to late 20's.

Also, does anyone living in the country have a local forecast for the 19th-24th? Weather.com is showing rain every day!!!

Thanks,
Michael

Jan 17, 2009
I don't trust weather.com. They never get it right. I just checked it and it shows current weather "partly sunny". It's been pouring since last night, non-stop rain. Accuweather is more accurate. IMHO.

Haven't heard about any concerts or events for those dates. I only found this one advertised on another forum:

Opening Party for a New Club Maraja Restaurant and Club at Viva Tangerine Hotel will open it's muisc chamber with a spring launch party just for the finest clubbing people. DJ: Jorge Ballesteros aka Japo from Spain.

Jan 17, 2009
Sorry, I forgot to post the date: March 20th. Also, Voy Voy has a live band on Wednesdays. Check karaoke Monday night at Voy Voy too. Your age crowd and lots of fun for every ago.

LuvtheDR

Apr 4, 2004
I don't trust weather.com. They never get it right. I just checked it and it shows current weather "partly sunny". It's been pouring since last night, non-stop rain. Accuweather is more accurate. IMHO.

Interesting....it's been "misting" here in Sosua off and on most of the day. Early this morning it was "pouring"....but that's about it!

Lexusis3, read my reply to you in this thread http://www.dr1.com/forums/weather-beyond/86506-sosua-cabarete-current-weather-7.html

lexusis3

Jan 14, 2009
Luv the DR, thank you! I did read that forecast and am staying on your side withe predictions.

Get me there now!!!!

Thanks everyone!

M

Markf128

It is going to rain

domincanmore3.JPG

None the less, it is the DR and you'll still have a great time.

lexusis3

Jan 14, 2009
We are looking forward to it...rain or shine!! If anyone has any other suggestions for restaurants/clubs/bars, let me know.

Thanks in advance!

Jan 17, 2009
Other bars: Lax (start there), Bambu, Ono's, Voy Voy (Monday night), Le Calamare en Folie (bachata, merengue after dinner hours); El Roncon (late partying, after beach bars are closed)

Restaurants: LAX (try Pizza Diabolo, my favorite), Pitu ($$), Casanova ($$$), Casa de Papi ($$$$), Blue ($$$$$) on the beach. In town, a new and very good restaurant, A Bailar (next to Hotel Villa Taina).

Reactions: FernieBee

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Other bars: Lax (start there), Bambu, Ono's, Voy Voy (Monday night), Le Calamare en Folie (bachata, merengue after dinner hours); El Roncon (late partying, after beach bars are closed)

Restaurants: LAX (try Pizza Diabolo, my favorite), Pitu ($$), Casanova ($$$), Casa de Papi ($$$$), Blue ($$$$$) on the beach. In town, a new and very good restaurant, A Bailar (next to Hotel Villa Taina).

This is a good list, just want to point out that Blue (Cabarete Blu) is actually quite a bit cheaper than Papi's, even Casanova, especially for Seafood...and the 16% ITBIS & 10% Service are included in the listed prices...

Also a few restaurants off the beach worth checking out: Ali's Surf Camp, Los Locos D'enfrente, El Tigre, Sandro's Cafe, Cafe Barrio Latino (Elvis'), Friend's Cafe (for sandwiches and other lighter food, Restaurant China (if you're jonesing for Chinese food...in the DR, LOL), Panaderia Dick's (bakery and breakfast), Bayerischer Hof, and Hexen Kessel - (food's just ok, but they're open 24 hours and very reasonable)...ask any of the locals you see for directions...all are walking distance from the beach.

Status
Not open for further replies.