Rain on north coast

bellakins

May 31, 2008
The continuing rains are really starting to affect my mood. Does anyone know if it's raining all over the DR or only on the north coast? Is there any TV station or website that gives relatively accurate reports on the weather? Help!

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Not a lot of rain in the South. A bit the last few days which is unusual as we normally have no rain at all November till May. Our rainy season is May to October and it chucks it down a lot then!!!

Dafishguy

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
We were in Santiago yesterday and it was a beautiful day. Mostly sunny and warm. Coming back over the mountains via turistico we ran into some rain and by the time we got back to Sosua it was cloudy and cool. At least yesterday there was at least one place on the island that had beautiful weather.

Today looks a lot better in Sosua with partly cloudy skies and temps already in the mid 70's. I'll take it. :)

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
saying how beautiful it is everywhere BUT Puerto Plata doesnt really make me feel better...hahaha ;)

hopefully this weather will improve soon but it definitely does affects your mood.

i will say...i am still grateful to be here in the warm weather vs back in Canada

sangria