Translation

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Where can I go in Santiago to get something translated from English to Spanish? I have a Nanny contract that I would like translated professionally.
SHALENA

Nov 25, 2008
This lady does the translations for the PUCMM, Lic. Anix Martinez de Vargas
809-581-6434
cel 809-624-0225

she has done for me in the past

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Shalena

You might need to get a legal opinion as to whether the requirements you set forth can be legally binding. In the end, even if this person doesn something wrong according to the law here or to the contract, you will be still be responsible for the liquidacion.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Waste of Money

You might need to get a legal opinion ...

More $$$. ;)

And why do so many (with a really rich history of labor related experience in this country :tired:) recommend not to fight against an employee??

Mar 2, 2008
"And why do so many (with a really rich history of labor related experience in this country ) recommend not to fight against an employee??"

Probably because they discovered it was a waste of time and money to do so. Employees are favored by the law, and have the upper hand in most cases. Experience has shown that the fight against them can be long and fruitless.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Not Legal

This is not a legal contract but moreso a contract that outlines what I expect from her and what she can expect from me, what her specific duties will be, what will not be tolerated, and so forth.
The last one said that she did not know that she could not leave my children alone because I never told her that she couldn't, she did not know that she had to be home when they got home from school because I did not say that she had to be there when they got home
This contract will eliminate that sort of statement. It will outline vacations, time off, pay, etc. so that there is no confusion and she cannot say later that those were not the terms.

I still have not found anyone, had an emergency person (my best friend's sister-in-law) stay with them when I went to NYC last week which was a disaster because I came home to a filthy house (is there a word worse than filthy because that is what it was) and after me only being gone 6 days, she used (or stole) a whole bag (2000g) of FAB and 3 bottle of Suavitel fabric softener (She says she washed clothes every day:ermm:). Opened packs of meat, used half, and stuck the rest of the meat in the freezer on a plate to be freezer burned. I had to throw it away when I returned (and yes, there is aluminum foil, ziploc bags, etc in my house so throwing meat on a plate in the freezer is uncalled for). Mops sitting in the laundry room in filthy water with scum on top....and much more.

The girls that are possibles, none can start until school is over because they live in campos far away, but I need someone now. It will be damaging to me if I cannot go to work next week, a missing day of work for me is approximately $500US.

But anyway, forget about my misfortunes. I just want to let it be known that I in no way mean for this to be a legally binding contract.

SHALENA

2dlight

Bronze
Jun 3, 2004
You are welcome to use my new word...pigstylish...to describe what you found.:cheeky:

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
You are welcome to use my new word...pigstylish...to describe what you found.:cheeky:

Definitely!
I do not understand, but I guess if you come from a campo where the floor is half dirt anyway, you might not find it necessary to clean beige tile.
SHALENA

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
..... The last one said that she did not know that she could not leave my children alone because I never told her that she couldn't, she did not know that she had to be home when they got home from school because I did not say that she had to be there when they got home.......

SHALENA

Remember Shalena what I said in one of your previous posts?

3rd times a charm
In EXTREME details.... Don't leave anything out.
This is not the U.S., every dotted "i" and crossed "t" must be stated.

Are you starting to believe me yet?

Don - SantiagoDR

LaTeacher

Bronze
May 2, 2008
no, because most people from the campos keep their houses impeccable. she just takes advantage of you... as evidenced by other incidents (did she get that lollipop off the back of the loveseat?)

the girl from santiago never called me back? and i haven't been home to call you:( sorry.