Bologna restaurant - unpleasant experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

AK74

On Vacation!
Jun 18, 2007
Had an unpleasant experience in Bologna restaurant tonight. Sosua. In the final bill two items were counted two times. For the total of $450RD extra :paranoid:

I have no idea why my GF decided to check the bill, I never do it. And she found the overcharge. It was corrected immediatelly.

I am not a frequent customer of Bologna. Because of the street noise, high prices and 16% and 10% even for residents. And I do not know weather this happens regularly or just this unlucky episode.

Anyway, please double check you bill in Bologna before paying.

Lazagna and spagetty were good.

iBuen provecho!

wishingiwasthere

Nov 19, 2005
North Coast Restaurant Tax Discussion

Now the 10% for residents – they didn’t used to charge that.
Even I as a tourist didn’t pay that!
Shame about this place. It doest seem hit and miss these days.

b.batista

Feb 21, 2008
OMG! Alzheimer's?

Originally Posted by bebeto007
unprofessional waiter, but now that I got back home the horrible truth hit me. The pizza they gave to me had been burned from the crust, and it is really no ways eatable. I quess the chef didn?t want to make me another pizza, and somehow wanted to give me a revenge for making me a pizza twice. Could this be true?

Pizzeria Bologna .

OMG!

Thank you for warning! I just was about to bring my guests to Bologna tomorrow for dinner!

You saved my day thank you unknown friend!

Had an unpleasant experience in Bologna restaurant tonight.

Reactions: Celt202

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
wow crime of the century - the bill was wrong and corrected immediately - I think you should check your bill everywhere, mistakes happen,this one was hardly worth reporting

Reactions: Rocky

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Alert all the relevant authorities;)

And get in the habit of checking your bill everywhere...this is a global phenomenon, not isolated to Bologna.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
I am not a frequent customer of Bologna. Because of the street noise, high prices and 16% and 10% even for residents. And I do not know weather this happens regularly or just this unlucky episode.[/QUOTE]

In the DR any restaurant that does not charge the 16% or the 10% to all patrons is probably not reporting to the government, and thus passing the savings on to clients. Now that the DGII Tax Department is more aggressive, this is becoming probably more difficult to do and probably is why more businesses in the interior are doing so. So, residents or tourists regardless, the law says that 26% should be on the bill.

Reactions: Rocky
Status
Not open for further replies.