car rental from airport

tomnkathleen

Mar 22, 2009
Can someone recommend a reputable company for a two week car rental from the airport. What can I expect to pay for a economy model with manual shift to accommodate two adults. I will check to see what additional coverages I will need after speaking with my credit card and personal insurance company. Thanks

barker1964

Silver
Apr 1, 2009
Can someone recommend a reputable company for a two week car rental from the airport. What can I expect to pay for a economy model with manual shift to accommodate two adults. I will check to see what additional coverages I will need after speaking with my credit card and personal insurance company. Thanks
Best Deal Rent A Car Work 809-523-5323 Cell 809-610-9942 They will pick you up if you give them your flight info and they speak English

TOOBER_SDQ

Bronze
Nov 19, 2008

I always had good results with Avis in SDQ Airport (Las Americas). You didn't specify as to which Airport you will be arriving. Keep in mind there is 26% in taxes and airport fees padded to the bill. Make sure your quote is inclusive of this or you will be in for a surprise.:ermm:

Check their website for rates.

I loathe Thrifty. Check out National also; I know they have manual transmission gasoil vehicles.

carrie

Sep 16, 2004
Hi! When I have to rent a vehicle I rent it from the Capital. But I use Thrifty Rent A Car go to the website and have them give you a quote. You can also check rates for all the rental car agencies using internet reservations.

Last time I rented I paid like 150 a week base for a Mitsubishi Lancer (we always ask for the least expensive car and they have to give you upgrades...whatever they have) but with the internet reservation - without it you will pay like 80 a day.

Good Luck.

i travel monthly and always use yahoo travel and usually rent from Avis or budget but will rent from any of the major companies. Always rent with a visa card because visa has the collision insurance included in the card, Mastercard does not!!!! Don't use the small no name companies even if they are cheaper, I can tell you 2 personal horror stories about using the small companies.

Mason3000

Aug 2, 2008
If you want cheap and you're not afraid to adventure a bit, i'd use ModerCa. Turn right at the National/Alamo agency's before the toll booth and they're 25 meters on the left. I pay $30 a day with everything included for a compact (Honda Accord, Nissan Sentra, etc). Airport pickup/drop off included of course, I've had them not charge me for minor accidents/dings and generally go above and beyond what's expected. Especially surprising because the smaller ones have a reputation for being real hustlers.

As much as I've heard about/seen great deals with mainstream agencies it's been my first hand experience that by the time they add mandatory insurance (More than the price of the rental) + taxes (26%) on the base fare/insurance you're paying a small fortune. $18 a day means $50.

With Ramon at ModerCa $30 means $30.

curlando

Bronze
Jul 23, 2003
Rent from National, eurocar or Avis. Stay away from Thrifty and Advantage rentals.
Compare rental car rates at travelocity.com.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
dollar rental

I have also had good luck with Dollar here in Santo Domingo. No problems ever, good cars, etc.

DBU

Jan 17, 2009

Do a search on Sidestep. Also great site for plane fares etc etc. Avis allowed me to pick up at SDQ and drop the car two weeks later at La Isabela Airport - at no additional charge. I have also used Dollar with good results when there was a mechanical problem with their car.