Nuria Piera hitting them hard

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Second guy to get canned as a result of giving an interview to Nuria and her exposing the levels of corruption in these government offices. I wish she did one of these every week.

Sadly these guys are never prosecuted. At worst they are removed from office, most likely they are just transferred to other offices or told to stay at home with the same pay they had before.

Pretty soon no public employee will want to give her any interviews.

http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/local/2009/4/21/31753/More-scandals-rock-the-Dominican-Government-Update

Reactions: Berzin

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
- only if they have something to hide.

One a week would be wonderful, but still not enough.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Is it possible to have a write in candidate for president? If so, every decent person should write in "Nuria Piera."

Why is there not a movement to get her on the ticket?

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
Luperon I don't think it's that easy.

Remember that when you are a politician no matter where in the world you basically sell your soul to corporations and the rich and powerful. Not sure if Nuria would be willing to do such a thing.

JFD

Feb 10, 2010
Nuria is a great journalist but she'll make a lousy president. Trust me i know her well, use to be my neighbour.

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
That's why I respect Nuria, she accuses people with facts in hand to tie the government hands and be forced to fire the incumbent being catched.