missrnb

*** Sin Bin ***
Apr 26, 2009
Married: january 30, 2008
Application Sent to Mississauga: May 22, 2008
Approved as Sponsor and papers sent to Haiti: June 19, 2008
Processing in haiti: October 17, 2008
Interniew : april 30, 2009

They never asked for more papers. Lady said to me to bring original of birth and marriage cert. and a new police paper.

We have to do the medical again, but she didnt want my husband to go before the interview.

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
Married: january 30, 2008
Application Sent to Mississauga: May 22, 2008
Approved as Sponsor and papers sent to Haiti: June 19, 2008
Processing in haiti: October 17, 2008
Interniew : april 30, 2009

They never asked for more papers. Lady said to me to bring original of birth and marriage cert. and a new police paper.

We have to do the medical again, but she didnt want my husband to go before the interview.

It's strange cause in another thread Caredbl84 said the agent told him that his wife had to do the medical again and also the police report( and send it to her) because they had expired.

missrnb

*** Sin Bin ***
Apr 26, 2009
It's strange cause in another thread Caredbl84 said the agent told him that his wife had to do the medical again and also the police report( and send it to her) because they had expired.

I asked my agent if she could send the paper for medical (cause we need a special paper from embassy) and the paper saying that he don't have any other child, so he could drop everything the day of the interview. She said that we need to do the interview first.

My husband got a new police paper like she asked.

I'm now scared of what will happened THE day of the interview. Hope everything will be fine.

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
I asked my agent if she could send the paper for medical (cause we need a special paper from embassy) and the paper saying that he don't have any other child, so he could drop everything the day of the interview. She said that we need to do the interview first.

My husband got a new police paper like she asked.

I'm now scared of what will happened THE day of the interview. Hope everything will be fine.

Seems the way a file is handled depends of the agent, shouldn't be like that though.

missrnb

*** Sin Bin ***
Apr 26, 2009
And sometimes they accept second medical without the new paper, and some other times they ask for a 3rd one because second wasnt made with the form they want...so i think it depends if the agent is in a good mood or not!!!!!!

lexi

Bronze
Jan 23, 2007
Don't worry about it. Sometimes they do the interview first and then send you to re-do the medicals. When did your husbands medicals expire on? So far nothing to worry about.

missrnb

*** Sin Bin ***
Apr 26, 2009
it has expired on april 22nd!!!!!

I asked the agent on april 8th when i received the call and then wrote her a email on april 21.

She kept on saying to wait for the interview.

You should know that I had to threaten them by email cause my MP told me they asked for more documents on december 4 and i never sent them.
I did not had such demand. So I wrote to the embassy, and the next day my agent called me denying everything. I asked about the interviews in april and she said it was full. She said that he could come to Haiti and I said YES!

She called me at my office (go figure why cause my contact phone is my cell) on april 8 and she said that my husband has his interview april 30th.

margaret

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006
Seems the way a file is handled depends of the agent, shouldn't be like that though.

I agree. It seems they have a lot of leeway on how they handle things. They should be following a procedure. And I don't understand why some clients would have a cell phone number to contact an agent and others wouldn't. That's fishy. I understand why no one would want to rock the boat while their application is in process, but once people are finished they should think about complaining (sponsors and Dominicans) regardless of the outcome. Maybe I should make some templates? :bunny: :bunny:

missrnb

*** Sin Bin ***
Apr 26, 2009
I sure will do something (complaints) once my husband is here in Qu?bec, count on me!!!!

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
You should know that I had to threaten them by email cause my MP told me they asked for more documents on december 4 and i never sent them.
I did not had such demand. So I wrote to the embassy, and the next day my agent called me denying everything. I asked about the interviews in april and she said it was full. She said that he could come to Haiti and I said YES!

Threaten them by email? wow, what exactly does that mean?

missrnb

*** Sin Bin ***
Apr 26, 2009
Threaten them by email? wow, what exactly does that mean?

Ahahah,

I wrote the story about my MP telling for the documents demand on dec 4th, and that I would take legals procedures because I just lost 4 months for a lack of communication. That's it!

She wrote me back and called me the next day. So now I have her phone number and email.

It wasnt a big threat, but I worked, I just wanted an answer.

dominican_daisy

Apr 18, 2006
OH ok...sorry the reason I asked was that my husband has his interview at 9:45am. on Thursday as well....it looks like immigrations has a busy day with interviews on thursday....not too sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing???!!!!

missrnb

*** Sin Bin ***
Apr 26, 2009
I called Santo Domingo like at the end of march and they said that immigration section was very busy with setting up the interviews for april.

It is a good thing, ok, lets stay positive! I think that 4-5 busy days every two months is nothing. If it would be every month, I would question...but every two months???? They better get busy!

princesa_pineda

May 13, 2008
Missrnb, don't worry about them not letting your husband redo the medicals before the interview, they did the same thing to us as well. My hubby just had his interview on April 23rd and he was approved so now he will have to redo the medicals.

As for Carlos case, his wife was asked for the police check and the medicals at the same time because she doesn't have to go for an interview, she has already been approved!

The interview told my husband the reason they tell you to wait until after the interview to redo the expired medicals is so that you are not spending all that money until you know for sure you have to. Imagine you redo the medicals and then get denied.

missrnb

*** Sin Bin ***
Apr 26, 2009
Missrnb, don't worry about them not letting your husband redo the medicals before the interview, they did the same thing to us as well. My hubby just had his interview on April 23rd and he was approved so now he will have to redo the medicals.

As for Carlos case, his wife was asked for the police check and the medicals at the same time because she doesn't have to go for an interview, she has already been approved!

The interview told my husband the reason they tell you to wait until after the interview to redo the expired medicals is so that you are not spending all that money until you know for sure you have to. Imagine you redo the medicals and then get denied.

Thank's a lot!
I'll think i'll sleep better now!

missrnb

*** Sin Bin ***
Apr 26, 2009
Princesa Pineda, at what time was your husband interview on april 23rd???

It's seems like they found us a place at last minute, im a bit worried.