Bugs!!

Norteman

Dec 15, 2008
I live on the forth floor in mirador norte in a nice place and seem to have lots of those very small ants all over the kitchen at all times. I have a bit of sensitive stomach and try to keep the bug intake to a minimum.

I cant even cut food on the cutting board without constatly breaking to clean the board.

Has anyone found a reliable somewhat simple solution to this?

Gracias in advance!

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
Buy the Chinese insect chalk from the computer shop behind Bailey's bar and draw a line with it which the ants will not cross. It actually works.

Is Bailey's bar still there -is the computer shop still there?

Norteman

Dec 15, 2008
Buy the Chinese insect chalk from the computer shop behind Bailey's bar and draw a line with it which the ants will not cross. It actually works.

Thanks, not sure exactly the whereabouts of either of these above locations?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
The chalk is sold all over the place - supermarkets, ferreterias and colmados. It really does work.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Yes, works just great. But wash your hands after using it - it contains deltamethrin and cypermethrin. And probably best not to let any dog you might have lick it off the floor.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007

Yes both are still there and doing very well.

Didn't care for the food next to or adjoned to Baileys for the luch buffet though.

These locations are next to Banco Popular in Sosua, which is also next to " Orange" for all your cell phone needs.

iamabrat

Apr 21, 2009
try baby powder...put across your door and around edges on the floor. they don't like to get their antenna in it and they will not cross

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Are those Brahmas still flowing?

tambo'

Yes but it does not stop those ants that are marching one by one... Hurrah, Hurrah!

One by one, another Bramaha gone, hurrah hurrah.

Spray for Bugs ...use Bygone, Bygone.

No Deet For Me ...Hurrah, Hurrah!

And one by one, when you think their done, those Ants keep marching on and on!

Hurrah Hurrah !

Last edited:

retiree

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
We had a terrible problem with ants. We solved it with ant powder bought at the vet shop in the plaza that has the chinese takeout place and the paint store on the eastern edge of Sosua. A few sprinkles of this and the ants went away and have never come back. We leave a little residue around at the corners of some rooms. We tried the chalk - this is much better. If the vet store does not have it, then the agricultural products store in Sabaneta has it ( at the main intersection there). We have battled ants for years and this is the only product that worked for us.