North Coast weather in June...

Status
Not open for further replies.

iangillis

Apr 1, 2009
hi guys... less than 5 weeks to go and we're getting very excited now... thanks for all your help in earlier threads with excursions and stuff... got a pretty full itinary now for the 2 weeks, and that's with loads left out too.

final question I hope.... what can we realistically expect weather-wise? Various sites have the rainy season starting beginnig June, others end of June... same with average hours sunshine etc etc.... have come to the conclusion; **** the internet, ask those who know. So.... maybe using same time last year as a base, what can we expect? Cominng from England, I'm sure your idea of heavy rainfall is a brief shower to me! Any help gratefully appreciated....

rayleeds

May 16, 2005
Leeds, United Kingdom
Hi,

I have travelled to the DR during this time period, and again this year 20th June for 2 weeks, several times, and it has always been hot and humid with the risk of afternoon, early evening, showers. You also get, as we did last year, the occasional day written off weather wise, BUT it didn't spoil our holiday.

This year who knows with the unseasonal weather the DR, and indeed other countries, has had, but the above is generally the pattern we have encountered.
Regards
Ray

iangillis

Apr 1, 2009
that sounds pretty much the same pattern as when I was last there a few years ago, last week April, first week of May... pretty much solid sunshine for first week, brief rain most days second week, starting earlier in the day as the week wore on...

rayleeds

May 16, 2005
Leeds, United Kingdom
Hi,, You could,though unlikely, get a fortnights solid sunshine...but it's more probable that some showers/ rain will be about..although you would have to be very unlucky to get 2 weeks rain imho

Out of interest where/when are you going?
Regards
Ray

El Patron

Banned
Apr 24, 2009
Make sure you get a chance to walk around town and meet some locals. Don't spend your entire time indoors in Casa Marina because you'll miss out. Have a great time.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
1 st of june is a beggining of a hurricane season. it usually rains. but you may also have 2 weeks of sun, you never know.
in any case it will be warm enough to wear shorts :)

B

BettyDiamond

shorts are considered rather gringoish round these parts.I usually like to cover up in a full length white smock and an apron to protect against prawn juice

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
shorts are considered rather gringoish round these parts.I usually like to cover up in a full length white smock and an apron to protect against prawn juice

Quite right too Mrs Betty.

One wouldn't want to look like one was having fun, now would one!

iangillis

Apr 1, 2009
Make sure you get a chance to walk around town and meet some locals. Don't spend your entire time indoors in Casa Marina because you'll miss out. Have a great time.

certainly plan to my friend Of the two weeks, we're only planned to be on the resort 3 full days.

another thing, the speciality restaurants on the resort (part of AI but limited to one visit/week) say there's a dress code applies. what would a 'dress code' be literally out there? I'm not planning on taking any formal (or even casual) trousers with me!!

Status
Not open for further replies.