POP to Cabarete

Status
Not open for further replies.

elgoon

Apr 10, 2009
What do you guys suggest is the most affordable way for 5 guys to get to Cabarete from the airport?

We need like a van-taxi or something like that, let me know if you can recommend something.

fyi
I speak fluent Spanish (Im Dominican)

Freefallfatty

Gone sailing!
Apr 20, 2009
You need a van-taxi? I'd suggest getting a people carrier from the airport. Should be cheap between the 5 of you.
You could get there cheaper if you dragged your bags to the road and got an empty Guagua, but that isn't realistic at all, so I'd just jump on in a Taxi. It isn't far to Cabarete.

elgoon

Apr 10, 2009
thanks for suggestion.
I might just try to work something out at the airport, just feel like that $35 from POP to Cabarete is mad high for such a short ride.
I dont know about the empty guagua on the road ...hehehe

elgoon

Apr 10, 2009
I missed that, surely you should know better than anyone the cheaper forms of transport????
:eek:gre:

Im from Higuey. I can find my way easy out of Punta Cana Airport, but not POP. We'll figure something.
Thanks for quick replys !!

senorblanco

Jun 11, 2006
35 will be a bargain for 5 guys that is the price for one person they will be looking for more like 50 dollars. Speak Spanish and heckle hard and you might get one for 35 but I doubt it. They will fight back hard but persistence will win out.
walking to the road will take you ten minutes a publico would cost you about 50 pesos to Cabarete. I guess it depends on luggage and how quick you want to get where youre going.
Let me know how you make out. I will be impressed if you get here for 35 bucks !

LaMoreniita

Oct 11, 2007

Well, if you split 35$ between the 5, it's only about 7$ each, so not that bad. Im sure you'll get it for that price, the other time we were 6, took a taxivan and only paid 30$ from POP to centro Cabarete so...

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
is this humor or can this be a realistic way to get to Cabarete? I'm thinking humor but thought I would ask! :squareeye

I think 25 is a bit low but otherwise realistic (oh, yes that's per person - not total)

IF

you want to start your vacation with a sweaty walk up to the road schlepping your suitcase(s) and may have to either pay extra for a seat for them or sit with them on your lap for the entire ride.

Not ideal for most tourists, methinks.

It's all relative.

Gregg

Cheapest way walk outside airport and flag down a public car or bus and pay 25-50 pesos. :) You asked for cheapest way.

This is a very realistic way to travel but why would anyone want to start their vacation under such conditions??? 35-50 bucks split 5 ways is not so much to arrive in comfort and in a timely matter. On my vacations time =money, I want to enjoy my leisure, I can be cheap back here in NY ;)

elgoon

Apr 10, 2009
Well..I believe is $35 PER person, but since it'll be a van Ill see what I can haggle. I dont mind walking and taking a guagua, I've done that in other countries but my friends might not be down. Plus we're starting the party the night before so I guess it'll depend on how hungover we are when we get off the plane from the night before ...hhehe.
Thanks for all the replys, you guys rock !

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Well..I believe is $35 PER person, but since it'll be a van Ill see what I can haggle. I dont mind walking and taking a guagua, I've done that in other countries but my friends might not be down. Plus we're starting the party the night before so I guess it'll depend on how hungover we are when we get off the plane from the night before ...hhehe.
Thanks for all the replys, you guys rock !

It's $35 for an entire taxi, you should be able top "haggle" an entire van for that price, none of the taxi prices are quoted PP, but for the car!

Send Taxi Sosua-Cabarete a price request, they usually respond in a few hours.

http://dr1.com/directories/services/taxi_tours.shtml

elgoon

Apr 10, 2009
I was taking a look at these guys:

Prieto Tours

I emailed them yesterday but no response, might have to just call them, but they have more reasonable rates for groups, and some excursions and stuff.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I was taking a look at these guys:

Prieto Tours

I emailed them yesterday but no response, might have to just call them, but they have more reasonable rates for groups, and some excursions and stuff.

Read the fine print....$23 PER PERSON from POP-Cab is a bit high!
Any Airport Tourist Taxi van will take you for $35 for the entire group, maybe a $5 propina if you are nice, that's $8PP for a group of 5.

elgoon

Apr 10, 2009
if its $35 for an ENTIRE taxi then we might even throw a fat tip.

u guys are the best. thanks for all your replys

Status
Not open for further replies.