Pay to play, at Playa Grande!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
A bit of info on Playa Grande as experienced just today! If you are a Fedo member or non member, they have yet to establish the summer rates which in the past which started each year on May 1st.
We also asked about the free round which Fedo members would have received if they had not notified Fedo Golf that they would be closing
April 1st 2009. Our group (3 Fedo members) where told in the pro shop that they would ask the manager and get some clarification when they would be deciding on the future summer rates, and if the free round would also be available. We waited after play to settle on payment as the manager was out. After completing, we where told that the round was free for our Fedo members. Unfortunately our group had not been able to establish when and if they would be reducing their rates for the summer for all play. The course was in good shape given the lack of attention given over the last few months leading to a possible closing, however as usual the carts are very soon facing a slow death to the junk yard! Do not get #51 unless you enjoy waiting to take off after 5 minutes of pumping the heals to bachata!:cheeky:

I also understand that Playa Dorado will be reducing their rates for the summer on May 15th, lets hope PG will do the same!

twhitehead

Bronze
Nov 1, 2003
don't forget though that they have splurged and bought new flags for each hole so they will probably need to leave the high rates in place for the summer in order to regain their investment!!!

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
don't forget though that they have splurged and bought new flags for each hole so they will probably need to leave the high rates in place for the summer in order to regain their investment!!!

New paint for the parking bays are also needed as this should help everyone find a better parking space!:cheeky:

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Clubhouse might be coming down soon. They say this is the 1st part of the reconstruction - a new clubhouse.

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
Clubhouse might be coming down soon. They say this is the 1st part of the reconstruction - a new clubhouse.

Logic says that they should rebuild a new and bigger pro shop at PG. The one there now is way too tiny for all the traffic they receive!;)

Also, the next project should be a larger restaurant and full bar area.
Maybe make it 2 or 3 floors in order for all the staff to get a better view of the ocean!:cheeky:

Massielg

Apr 30, 2008
www.casasdevacacionesrd.blogspot.com
A bit of info on Playa Grande as experienced just today! If you are a Fedo member or non member, they have yet to establish the summer rates which in the past which started each year on May 1st.
We also asked about the free round which Fedo members would have received if they had not notified Fedo Golf that they would be closing
April 1st 2009. Our group (3 Fedo members) where told in the pro shop that they would ask the manager and get some clarification when they would be deciding on the future summer rates, and if the free round would also be available. We waited after play to settle on payment as the manager was out. After completing, we where told that the round was free for our Fedo members. Unfortunately our group had not been able to establish when and if they would be reducing their rates for the summer for all play. The course was in good shape given the lack of attention given over the last few months leading to a possible closing, however as usual the carts are very soon facing a slow death to the junk yard! Do not get #51 unless you enjoy waiting to take off after 5 minutes of pumping the heals to bachata!:cheeky:

I also understand that Playa Dorado will be reducing their rates for the summer on May 15th, lets hope PG will do the same!

Dear BermudaRum:

I am sorry for the inconvenience you had at PG with your fedogolf membership, if another day you have another issue, please contact me here at the golf course.

FEDOGOLF members could play the free round at PG from monday to thrusday. Price for members is US$50 + tax.

Summer rates are establish, you can see it in our webpage!

Thanks for the tips on the parking..I will take note!;)

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
Dear BermudaRum:

I am sorry for the inconvenience you had at PG with your fedogolf membership, if another day you have another issue, please contact me here at the golf course.

FEDOGOLF members could play the free round at PG from monday to thrusday. Price for members is US$50 + tax.

Thanks for the response Massielg, my golfing amigoes and others will be happy to hear!
I was being :cheeky: when suggesting painted parking bays and a two story restuarant-bar for the staff to look over the ocean. You see there are many of us here who try to promote your course as we all believe it is one of the jems of this island. While you may not be able to change the distance we have to travel to get to your facility, we all know it?s worth it.
So good luck in the future and may you receive as much play as possible.

BermudaRum

twhitehead

Bronze
Nov 1, 2003
Price for members is US$50 + tax.

That is the same price paid during high season - works out to 2060 pesos. Not sure if other rates are different but this doesn't seem like much of a discount for Fedo Card members! I don't understand why this course does not want more local players - will not let us join RSJ Golf club for discounted rounds and now they don't discount rates for locals during summer season. I guess business must be too good...

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
I would surely play more at PG if the rates were better for either Fedo, residents or both!

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
I presently play at Playa Dorada because it is LOCAL (7 mins drive) & with RESIDENTS rate, less expensive than Playa Grande.

I prefer the scenery & ambiance of Playa Grande & will take 25/30 friends there a year. Having FedoGolf membership helps a little towards the higher cost but does not really compensate me for the damage done to my jipetta & back to get there!!! :tired: :ermm: Santiago does not have the SEA VIEWS of Playa Grande but does have WELL maintained greens & some 'interesting' holes. At RD $600 for FedoGolf, RD $800 for non members & carts for RD $400, Santiago is a very keen competitor for Playa Grande.

I am hoping to get down to Playa Grande on Wednesday to play with friends - I hope an exciting new pricing structure can be confirmed by then. I HATE walking into the Pro Shop without all my facts together & having to 'NEGOTIATE' on behalf of my friends - this normally starts the round off with me being in a rather belligerent mood & slicing drives at the first 5 holes!! :cheeky: :pirate: (That's my EXCUSE anyway)!! ~ Grahame

twhitehead

Bronze
Nov 1, 2003
I would surely play more at PG if the rates were better for either Fedo, residents or both!

In previous years a group of four of us would go every weds and sun. Now we are lucky to get there every two months. At 2060 pesos plus the MANDATORY CADDY one can play Playa Dorada or Santiago (with no caddies) almost 3 times for the same price (and as bushbaby states far less damage to the vehicle).

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004

same for me... a round a month max at current prices... transport, green fees, caddy, & tip add up quickly. it is a phenomenal course - but at about US$1/shot, the value's just not there for me to play real often at current prices.

at 1/2 that price i'd likely play weekly. more money out of my pocket ultimately, but i'd feel i was getting my money's worth.

...having to 'NEGOTIATE' on behalf of my friends - this normally starts the round off with me being in a rather belligerent mood & slicing drives at the first 5 holes!!

What's your excuse for your attitude & drives on the remaining holes?

Carolina Guy

Feb 26, 2009
I presently play at Playa Dorada because it is LOCAL (7 mins drive) & with RESIDENTS rate, less expensive than Playa Grande.

I prefer the scenery & ambiance of Playa Grande & will take 25/30 friends there a year. Having FedoGolf membership helps a little towards the higher cost but does not really compensate me for the damage done to my jipetta & back to get there!!! :tired: :ermm: Santiago does not have the SEA VIEWS of Playa Grande but does have WELL maintained greens & some 'interesting' holes. At RD $600 for FedoGolf, RD $800 for non members & carts for RD $400, Santiago is a very keen competitor for Playa Grande.

I am hoping to get down to Playa Grande on Wednesday to play with friends - I hope an exciting new pricing structure can be confirmed by then. I HATE walking into the Pro Shop without all my facts together & having to 'NEGOTIATE' on behalf of my friends - this normally starts the round off with me being in a rather belligerent mood & slicing drives at the first 5 holes!! :cheeky: :pirate: (That's my EXCUSE anyway)!! ~ Grahame

we're ready to play some golf!!

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
One correction to my OP.
Three weeks ago we where advised by Playa Dorada's Pro Shop, that the summer rates for Fedo members and outside play would change on May 15th. Now their pamphlet states May 1st - Sept. 30th for summer rates. At the time we where not given the reason for the date change.:confused:
Well, today our group was told at PD pro shop that the rates have not changed for any group of players! We did ask with no success in establishing when and if the summer rates would be available at PD.:surprised
So it seems that these courses are doing very well during these times, or maybe it is just a reaction to the proposed planned competition that has been put on hold.
As always, your guess is good as mine.;)

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
....... - but at about US$1/shot, the value's just not there for me to play real often at current prices.
............. but i'd feel i was getting my money's worth.

What's your excuse for your attitude & drives on the remaining holes?
What Ho Me Old Fruit - wondered if you would chip in here!!

I have TWO excuses for the remaining 'attitude' & 'drives' ............

1) (As you write above) I like to get my money's worth & so take more shots by visiting parts of the course YOU never see
2) On the rare occasions that you join us I find your constantly smiling face overwhelms me & makes me feel I can not compete just with my far better looks!!

When is your NEXT monthly trip to a golf course? Can I come so as to teach you some respect for my new found swing? :cheeky: :pirate: :surprised ~ Grahame.

Status
Not open for further replies.