A traffic ticket

G5ive

May 20, 2009
I was issued a ticket about 3 months ago in santo domingo by an AMET, I was using a rental, what's the worst that can happen if I get stopped again or would they not let me back in the country till I pay the ticket?

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
I highly doubt they communicate between AMET and Immigration, they can barely communicate between one car and another. They didn't take your drivers license?

G5ive

May 20, 2009
I highly doubt they communicate between AMET and Immigration, they can barely communicate between one car and another. They didn't take your drivers license?

heheheh, well the ticket looked more like a sales receipt, I don't remember if it did have my drivers license or plate number.
I haven't had anything deducted from my credit card, so probably they forgot about it.
Seriously, I think issuing tickets to foreigners is useless, most of us don't know all the driving rules and regulations in DR.
No they didn't take my drivers license, and even if they did, I would just get a new one, they act as if taking someones drivers license is like taking away their lungs.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
?I haven't had anything deducted from my credit card, so probably they forgot about it.

No, of course not. The credit card was for the car rental, since they would probably look up the plates and trace them back to the car rental agency, probably ask them to deduct it from my card. :D

I wouldn't worry about it, they are not that sophisticated and this would require someone to actually get off their ass and do something so I doubt it would happen.