Plans for ProCab cabarete?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
Anybody has any info on the latest master plans for procab? I heard something about building something in procab so the tourists (thieves will not be allowed... I guess there will be a sign) can do their sightseeing.

Hipolito, we want u and your master brains in office back!!

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
Nobody knows?? ProCab Cabarete

Nobodo knows the plans? No they are building some kind of canal on the north side of procab (outside Alis surfcamp etc.)

What are they up to?

rendul

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
rendul.tripod.com
I have some plans that show the lagoon and what they propose to do. I don't know if they will go through with it all but it seems with the bulldozing going on in the lagoon, they have started something. If you pm me I can attach the plats.

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
I have some plans that show the lagoon and what they propose to do. I don't know if they will go through with it all but it seems with the bulldozing going on in the lagoon, they have started something. If you pm me I can attach the plats.

Ok, will pm you. :) It is kind of obvious that it will be a canal around ProCab. Smart I guess to spend the money on a canal so the tourist can take the boat trip around instead of twisting their ancles in the pot holes.

Probably not that bad for the saftey in procab with a canal. My guess though is that the canal will be a swamp again in the future - the day when they decide that Cabarete is ready for a Metro.

Last edited:

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003

Ok, will pm you. :) It is kind of obvious that it will be a canal around ProCab. Smart I guess to spend the money on a canal so the tourist can take the boat trip around instead of twisting their ancles in the pot holes.

Probably not that bad for the saftey in procab with a canal. My guess though is that the canal will be a swamp again in the future - the day when they decide that Cabarete is ready for a Metro.

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003

I have seen this Master Plan, but I think that plan is changed... I am pretty sure it will be a canal. They are supposed to provide information at a meeting friday afternoon in Residencia Dominicana. I guess we will found out then..

rendul

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
rendul.tripod.com
I think I know why they are doing it. The lagoon had become like a swamp rather than a lagoon. According to the plans it does show a lagoon not a sloppy swamp. It is also supposed to keep squatters out of the lagoon area. People whose backyards back onto the lagoon are now concerned about security whereas previously it was not a problem until the fire.

senorblanco

Jun 11, 2006
The meeting is by invitation only from the Secretario's office There is a small group invited to meet with the Minister of Environment on Saturday, not Friday in which the subject of the lagoon will come up. But it is mainly a publicity event for him in honor of World Ocean Day. This is what the President of ADECA told me today.

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
actually the canal started in la cieniga and goes to pro cab....they say they will build a bridge at the national park(caves of cabarete) so boats can traverse all the way.... but they say manana

Status
Not open for further replies.