Charmico

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrbrolick

Oct 30, 2006
I will be in Cabarete next week can't wait. I will be driving I was just wondering is it easy to get to Charmico by car thanks.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
apparently its for sale according to sosua news

I would hate to see Charimicos get developed, but it's probably inevitible. It's only a matter of time.

And yes, I know how projects progress (or don't progress) in the DR but I think this may be different. All you need is a foreign developer with a 300 - 500 million usd and it will happen. The main ingredients are already in place: great Beach, a main road, greedy politicians and a nearby international airport.

Everything else can be built.

They'll bring in their own crews and work according to their own schedules. Once started, there will be no normal DR delays. Money talks....

I'd rather they bulldoze el Batey, and leave Charimicos. But that won't happen.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
A co-worker of mine is Dominican and he said it is a beautiful part of town to visit.

I would not make a special trip there, although it is fairly safe during the day, be mindful you will be the only tourist walking around.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
A co-worker of mines is Dominican and he said it is a beautiful part of town to visit.

Is this a co-worker of yours outside of the DR? I wonder if he meant somewhere else, somewhere sounding like the name you wrote, which was incorrect for the place we think you mean, but might sound phonetically like somewhere else? If your co-worker is in US, Canada or somewhere in Europe he will know enough about foreigner's perceptions to know that 'beautiful' wouldn't be the first word that comes to mind. Ask him again, then get back to us.

mrbrolick

Oct 30, 2006
Well he said that it is a less touristy part of town thats all. I am not your typical tourist fluent in Spanish. Also two of my friends that will be with me are Dominican. Well they were born there but live in the states now.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Yes that's correct, less touristy it is. That's far more accurate than beautiful. But going to someone's birthplace is a must for your companions, particularly if they haven't been there in a while - a trip down memory lane. You'll be fine, they probably know people there - makes all the difference.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
kristmas in charmico

2913535380052954010oujqcD_ph.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.