New dominican movie

adiaz43

Jul 28, 2008
Check it out! Starring Dominican actor Manny Perez. Most of movie is filmed in Santiago, Washington Heights and Manny's local town: Baitoa. Movie looks good. The movie is described as a cross between "City of God" and "Amores Perros."

www.lasogamovie.com

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Let's chill with the hyperbole until the movie has been reviewed.

Comparing any movie to "City of God" is a bit of an overenthusiastic stretch-you're talking about one of the best gangster flicks of all time here, and it was about as authentic as any movie of that particular genre I've ever seen.

Some of these Spanish flicks have a tendency to get mired in novela-type romanticism and sentimentality, a very obvious Achilles heel when a movie clamors for authenticity.

If the main focus of this film is a guy chasing a girl who was a long-lost love from the past as the trailer indicates, then the gangster stuff that transpires is just the backdrop to what could possibly be a very pedestrian love story.

Let's wait and see.

Radel

Mar 3, 2008
! I've heard of la soga , he's like a urban legend here..
Like the dominican version of the punisher.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
How about some information on where it will be playing and when the release date is?

Or is this production straight to DVD?

There is no information whatsoever available and I've looked everywhere.:ermm:

Last edited:

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
I thought HB said in the thread that the guy was for real. Maybe the stories were exaggerated, but I would tend to believe HB.

kapitan75

Jun 3, 2005
la soga

manny perez is a dominican born actor and a familiar face in film. the movie was shot in baitoa where manny was born and most of the extras and some smaller cast are from baitoa . baitoa is the birthplace of the president as well.
i think this movie is going to offer some authentic and gritty action but city of god material i doubt it.