Sosua/Cabarete location names

Status
Not open for further replies.

spasticnapjerk

Dec 4, 2007
Hi everyone, I need help on naming some areas/towns.

I went on a 4-wheeler trip from Cabarete. We drove on the highway towards Sosua, and right before we got there we made a left, going to the national park that way. Would this be the El Choco national park?

We stopped at a couple of very small tiendas on the way. I can't remember what these are called.

Then we stopped at a pretty small town for a tour of a backyard cheese factory. This town had a small water plant that supplied Puerto Plata I think. Does anyone know what little town that is?

Also, what is the name of the river that comes out at the ocean just north of Cabarete? I didn't write any of this stuff down!

Thanks for the info!

spasticnapjerk

Dec 4, 2007
Just to be clear, our last stop was indeed east of Cabarete at la boca de Yasica, but on the west side of the river. On my original post, I was saying North when I meant east.

For some reason, we went towards Sosua to get to El Choco. My guide told me that the patch we could have taken from Cabarete was too rough and would have damaged the 4-wheelers.

So we did a pretty big counterclockwise circle. I'm having a hard time getting detailed road information, but it looks like we crossed the Yasica on highway 3 - there was a small hotel right on the river. Then we hit highway 5 to go back to Cabarete.

Still need the name of the small town we stopped in, the one that had the water plant. I was out in the middle of nowhere...but they did have electricity.

Status
Not open for further replies.