Looking for partner in proven internet business

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
My family owns and operates private schools in the U.S. I started an internet business while I lived in the states.

Please PM waytogo for website - inserted when link removed. - Gregg, Mod.

I originated the schools in 1986 and retired in 2002 with my wife of 25 years.
My sons bought me out and have expanded the business. I started the internet business out of boredom and it flourished. I got tired of Arizona (where the schools are) and vacationed to Puerto Plata with friends from Canada. I am now living in Santiago without my wife. She got tired of me. I sold the internet business to my brother Mark thinking once more of retirement here. Bored as hell. Going to start the same internet product line accept for mats and not sleeping cots for the children. In the business for 23 years and I am an expert in the field. I just want to do a lot of traveling with Santiago as my home base and I need someone who will be RESPONSIBLE when I am not here. I am looking for a vested partner. I am not a scammer and I don't want one for a partner. The amount invested will determine the % of partnership. NOT to exceed 50%. Please look at the existing website. The product line on this site is manufactured in China. The new product line will be manufactured here in Santiago so we will have a hands on company under our control. Material purchased here, labor here, and shipped from here. It will be a very sweet set-up.
AND I STRESS, NO SCAMMERS, NO DRUGGIES, NO ALCOHOLICS
If you are interested:
Barry-809-493-0017

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 25, 2008
have you looked into materials and its cost,
shipping to the US is not cheap, if your planning to ship individually the cost is about $35-65US [weight and dimensions varies price..

waytogo

Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
I have been doing this for a long time. If you looked at the existing website it offers all my competitors prices with a direct link to their website for price verification. The average sheet for one cot is 8.00-10.00 U.S. We are wholesaling them for half price. The cheapest in the entire country. My price out of Shanghai China materials, labor, shipping, taxes, and then shipping from Long Beach California direct to my door in Phoenix was .70 each U.S
This was strictly white 100% cotton. Even at that, the profit is 600%
The average order is 100 pieces. The average occupancy per childcare center in the U.S. I am going to do the same here except I have realized that the Preschools prefer kids patterns on the cloth. Not a problem. When i was partners with my brother, we charged shipping charges, which included an additional profit for handling. I believe now that he doesn't have to split the profits he is offering free shipping. I have done all my research here and am currently looking for someone local to build another website. There are 110,000 childcare centers in the U.S. and it is mandatory that ALL children take a 2 hour nap. O f course they don't, but they do have to sleep every day after lunch. the sheets and blankets are usually washed a minimum of 2 times a week. The most time that they last is 1 year. A box of 100 manufactured here with shipping will be around 130. U.S. Still a very good profit % per single order. Credit card purchases will go through one of my families schools in Phoenix and 20% or so will be taken out for income tax and the difference wired to me, here in Santiago. Manufacturing will be done per order so as no large inventory will be necessary. Customers will see fabric samples on the website, call the toll-free 800 number, place the order and normal waiting will be 10-14 days to delivery in the U.S. I am a Jewish businessman. I don't screw around when it comes to Family, Business, and Money. I will do this by myself if nobody is interested. I will just have far less time for leisure. I just cannot and will not stay idle and watch tv all day. I absolutely love to work and make money. :bored:

waytogo

Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Apparently you haven't been involved with being self employed. Or you wouldn't have made a statement like that. Who would be more responsible, a vested person who owned a percentage of the business OR laborers making what they make here. And PLEASE don't tell me if you pay someone more money they will do a better job. I have 40 years experience in owning private schools and hiring people and ONLY people who have really something to lose will treat a company like their new born baby. And that is the same kind of talk that made me sell my half to my brother. Have you ever heard of penny wise and dollar foolish. I don't, and I repeat, I don't need it all. I am looking for someone who won't mind putting up their percentage in cash, time, guts, and not cry like a fricken baby when there is work to be done. With all this said, I do not want a Dominican man to be involved. If they worked as hard as their female counterparts, I wouldn't say this. So, stop looking for thoughts that I am a devious or dishonest person, and think why you would make a comment like that. It sounds like a partner screwed you in the past. Please do not put me in that category. My family (sons)are still the owners after 23 years in the business, same business, locations, and telephone numbers. Are longevity speaks for itself. My thoughts are pure, my actions are honest. And I am looking for the like. Enough said.....

El_Uruguayo

Bronze
Dec 7, 2006
If it weren't in Santiago, I'd definately be interested. Seems like someone could learn a lot from a venture like this. I love how you have all the demographics and numbers for such a niche market - seems like you know your stuff.

waytogo

Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
I DO. I have been doing this way to long for me not to know my stuff.
Experience is the best learning tool in the world.;)

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
I do a lot of business online, so here's some questions I would encourage anyone to ask @waytogo if they're considering this:
- can the deal be structured so you get increasing equity over time based on work done rather than having to invest a lot of money up front
- why is money being asked for up front? since waytogo has already sold a business he must have strong financial resources behind him?
- why doesn't waytogo use his real name in his dr1 handle/post his full info?
- why doesn't the website he links to have much traffic?
- why is there nothing on the about page about the people behind the company?
- what references can he provide, and how long do they go back? What about secondary references of those references (ie you ask them to provide other contacts)?
- how is his credit history?

I've seen this kind of stuff before, and they can either be great ventures, or end up as a nightmare. An honest businessman would appreciate questions like these and answer openly and not become defensive because they get critical issues out on the table. I'm not suggesting this become a big discussion on DR1, and I'm not interested in it, these are just things to think about based on my experience working with online businesses in the $1M - $100M range.

Adrian

Mar 2, 2008
"- can the deal be structured so you get increasing equity over time based on work done rather than having to invest a lot of money up front
- why is money being asked for up front? since waytogo has already sold a business he must have strong financial resources behind him?
- why doesn't waytogo use his real name in his dr1 handle/post his full info?
- why doesn't the website he links to have much traffic?
- why is there nothing on the about page about the people behind the company?
- what references can he provide, and how long do they go back? What about secondary references of those references (ie you ask them to provide other contacts)?
- how is his credit history?"

Adrian

Excellent questions for anyone considering this, or any other business venture. Well thought out and pertinent. And Adrian is correct that no serious businessman would be offended by these questions, and would more than likely appreciate that the person asking them was bright enough to ask.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Yes, I agree, adrianb's questions are spot on. The other thing to do would be to read all of waytogo's previous posts to get a 'feel' for the person, so you would know whether you wanted to work with them.

waytogo

Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Real Questions, Real answers
1. Adrian states...- why is money being asked for up front? since waytogo has already sold a business

answer: Why not!! If someone wants in and they expect half the earnings, what is wrong with putting up half? I don't care if my name is Vanderbilt or Rockafeller, business is business. I am not Mother Terysa. Who gives 50% of a business to a stranger without a vested interest? You...I think not.

2. Adrian states: why doesn't waytogo use his real name in his dr1 handle/post his full info?

answer: When I first joined this site very recently, I had no idea I was going to ask for a business partner. I JUST realized it might be a good idea. By the way, I thought waytogo was cute. I guess that was a dishonest thing to do. I looked what everybody else used and it seemed appropriate. I just joined and have not put everything in the info yet. But since it is so important, consider it done.

3. Adrian states: why doesn't the website he links to have much traffic

answer: I created that web business with my brother Mark as my partner. I put it all together except the building of it. My brother graduated ASU University in Arizona years ago in computer software design. He has never been self employed in his life.
He sits at home 24/7, surfs the web and lives off our fathers inheritance. Every idea for marketing, including pay per hit, he said no. I have a family member, my son in law in California who is a computer expert. He was willing to put the website on every search engine in the U.S on top on page one. I was generously going to give him 20%
of the net profits to make this possible. Mark said no. I purchased mailing lists for childcare centers to mail bulk fliers. I made appointments with the Phoenix post office to attend a class where they taught the best and cheapest ways to send bulk mail. Mark said no. All of this led to nasty arguments. I had enough. I told Mark he could buy me out for a minimal amount and he could do it himself. I have not talked to him in over 2 years. He told me "this is the way it is". All of the stock is in Phoenix, and he spends the majority of his time in Minnesota with his girlfriend doing his thing. He doesn't get the traffic because he is penny wise and dollar foolish. Thank God my sons think like me and they are doing quite well in the Childcare Centers that I sold them. Business and land.
1. Kiddie Country Club
2. Kids Country Club
3. Children's Country Club.....All in Phoenix Az. Approx. 600 children enrolled.
I started them all!!!

4. Adrian states: why is there nothing on the about page about the people behind the company?

Answer: There is, quite extensive. It is labeled "About Us'' You really must learn to read carefully.........read 101

5. Adrian states: what references can he provide, and how long do they go back? What about secondary references of those references (ie you ask them to provide other contacts)?

Answer: This is the first step in finding someone that will fit the bill. MY BILL
My business references go back to 1986 with the school entity.
Secondary references? These are Preschools, not 50 million dollar companies.
1. Food for children 3 times a day. Costco, how would you ask for a secondary reference? Childcare supplies bought from different suppliers across the U.S. since 1986. Should I ask what manufacturers supply them and how they are rated?
Right, they would tell me it is none of my business, and they would be right.

6.Adrian states: how is his credit history?" My credit has been and always will be excellent. Like my entire family. This venture is small and simple with an excellent probability of making a lot of money. This is going to be done with a working partner or not. Ever hear the expression being in the right place at the right time? The TOTAL start up will be right at $12,000. Half, $6000.U.S. Three commercial sewing machines, bolts of fabric, cost of website, and incidentals. Any and all personal info. will be given at the appropriate time to the appropriate person. NOT this forum. I believe in simplicity, not complicated situations. I live quite well, just bored to death.

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
If you're serious I think you should find a way for people not to have to pay you. This is the DR after all, so we have to be extra skeptical here.

My suggestion would be to start this venture with a couple of people -- unpaid, with them paying you nothing either. It could start with a selection process, and the guy you select being the guy that stays on. His owner ship of the business could vest over 6 months, valuing his time at $1000/month (local salary level), giving him 25% after 3 months and 50% after 6 months. You could present it as business training/mentoring with the possibility of equity ownership if it works out. A lot of people woudl be interested in business mentoring and it would also be a way for you to give back to the community if you truly are bored.

This is better for everyone since there isn't financial risk for the people getting involved and for you its better since you get to test a couple of guys - what if the completely wrong guy gives you $6k and you're stuck with him?

Of course if you only want the money, you'll have reasons why this is a bad idea LOL.

Also since this is in the DR, but is an international business with sales in the US and product from China, what does equity really mean? Party Poker started in the DR, and I heard stories a lot of the original investors were screwed when the company was relocated to europe. How does the guy know he truly is building equity will receive long term value?

And this is your about page:
http://www.preschoolsheetsandblankets.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=12&Itemid=36

I would expect to see photos, bios, family information, etc on a normal bio page.

Last edited:

waytogo

Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Apparently you like complicated issues. I am going one step further. I am not going to ask anybody for money now. I will do this myself, get it going like I know it will, and when it is up and operational, the price will be a LOT more. I am not here to give back to the community. This community has given me NOTHING. This is an honest venture and if nobody is interested, so be it. I know what I can do and do it quite well. I have absolutely no problem with doing this solo. By the way, I NEVER said product from this venture from China. I said everything local. Read 101 Boy, you must have really been burned in the past. It sounds like you haven't much experience with honest people. I feel for you. It's really a delite. I have trusted people all my life, maybe I was just being a pendaho.

waytogo

Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
I tried mentoring 2 people here that were my friends. Two different ventures. I helped them financially and they left with the money, and product. I see them now and they just smile with absolutely no explanation. How many times does it take for someone to get it stuck up there ass here and finally realize you can't make a difference. I TRIED AND GOT SCREWED. I came here for retirement and got bored. Sorry if that offends you. I am trying to put a little venture together. Sorry if that offends you. I am not a priest. Sorry if that offends you. What have you done for your community here, maybe open a soup kitchen. I didn't realize I was supposed to take the place of the government here and do their job, which is pretty damn poor. Please, give me a list of things that you guys have done here that was non-profit for the Dominicans. On the average, there are 3 people at my door EVERY DAY begging for food or money. I give them food, NO MORE MONEY. When I go to Banco Popular downtown,

waytogo

Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
continuation,

I pass a woman living on the street with 4 little children. I leave the bank, buy them food, and give it to them. EVERY TIME. I give an old woman money on Francia street every time I see here because she is to old to work. I do my part and it is totally insulting that I have to explain my every move and action to a pea brain like you. I am not going to help everybody here. WHY DON'T YOU!!!!
Please Please Please...tell us all Adrian of all the stellar things you have done, that is verifiable so we all know instead of being a loud mouth and a very insulting person.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
How many here being critical of WTG have ever actually been in a real sustainable business before in both the US and where you came from.

I have no vested interest in WTG. But I understand completely what he says, and why he says it.

The only times I've ever been "stung" in a partnership is when the other guy didn't have financial skin in the game. It's an expensive lesson to learn. It's really easy to tell someone else how to spend his money.

If you don't fit his qualifications, why waste your time in complaining about his business plan? What's it to you?