Bus to Santiago

Status
Not open for further replies.

whiskeyP

May 15, 2009
Greetings,

I'm planning a cigar trip while in Dom Rep and would like to know,
were and what bus would I catch to go from Puerto Plata to Tamboril/Santiago? Also anywhere I could pick up a decent bottle of scotch in
PoP?:pirate:

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Any large grocery stores like la Siernna have a complete stock of most anything you desire.
As far as bus service, the Metro is the best bet in town. They connect to Santiago, Santo Domingo, Puerto Plata, Sasua, and more. The current price from PP to Sti is about 5.75 U.S. one way. The bus is very clean, modern with a LOT of air condioning. Wear a light jacket or you will freeze. Have a nice trip.

whiskeyP

May 15, 2009
Re:

Cheers Waytogo,

By the way, I'm staying at the ICD, how do I get to the metro station in POP?
Do the gua-guas go anywhere near it?
Thanks again!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Ibero Costa Dorada??

Anyway, walk out the front door, and flag down a guagua into town. Tell them you want the ESTACION del METRO...

I think a cab from the hotel would be very expensive, but wait until folks from up that way chime in. Metro is a good choice..

HB

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
guagua does not stop close to the metro. better take a guagua (15 pesos) and get off anywhere in the city center. then hail a moto (20 pesos) and tell him: "metro, por favor". he will know.
bus to santiago is about 100 pesos, i believe. the price depends on petrol prices and changes accordingly.
lot of AC in understatement. think alaska in december. darn cold. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.