Altas de chavron and Saona Island

drroyal2000

Aug 22, 2004
Hi everyone, ;)I live on the north coast near Nagua. Wanted to know if it is worth going to see that part of the island, which are Altas de Chavron and Saona Island. Is it very cheap and how are the beaches (clean, dirty, lots of people selling stuff) and the snorkling.
Also if it is not to much to ask the price of the boat to get to the island or is staying on the shore better and is there nice beaches without taking a boat. Any info would be greatly appreciated. thank you:glasses:

drroyal2000

Aug 22, 2004
Thanks for the info

I found quite a bit of pics and video on the old post. But there is mothing about pricing? Hotel, boat trip to island, ect,.... Please get back to me, Thank you

expatsooner

Bronze
Aug 7, 2004
Since you live there I would say to wait for a singer or group that you like to have a performance date at Altos and combine a day of sightseeing with a concert in the evening.

We enjoyed such great evenings there, the last performance we saw before we moved away was Sting and it was so memorable to be out under the stars in such an intimate setting listening to great music. It is really worth while to go to a concert there.

lexi

Bronze
Jan 23, 2007
I love Saona Island - it is really beautiful and the water is amazing! Can't wait to go back again!!