Internet access in Grand Paradise Samana

laketravis

Jun 10, 2009
Hi everyone,

I will need reasonably priced 24x7 internet access next week in Grand Paradise Samana hotel.

One option i thought of is buying a local prepaid sim card with a data plan, yet so far i wasn't able to figure out if it is possible in Samana.

But perhaps other options are available as well - i.e. something like local hotel wireless access with a voucher, Internet card with dial-up access through hotel phone, etc.

Does anyone know or perhaps could recommend the best way to get Internet access over there?

Thank you.

toursamanawithterry

Jan 30, 2009
I just spoke with Grand Paradise reception and the internet inside the hotel cost $5 an hour and you have to buy a code to hook up to it in 1 hour increments. Only the bungalows have the signal so if you are in a regular room you have to go find the signal and pay for it.

I used to have a data plan with the local cell phone company named Orange. It worked great, I did have a contract though. I think that you should be able to do something like this on a temporary basis but it will be pretty expensive. You would have to set it up in Samana though. I'm not even sure if there is a shop for any of the phone companies up there. You would have to check into it.

Feb 7, 2007
Codetel's Communicard offers its use for Internet access (dialup) for 100 pesos you get like 2 hours or so, from regular phone you dial a toll free number (1-809-200-xxxx) but it is very likely that access to toll free numbers is charged at the hotel either a per-minute o per-access rate.