Viva Wyndham Tangerine - AIR Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
i did a 3 day exchange in march 2008 while staying at viva wyndham playa dorada.

they offered a 3 day swap at tangerine and we took them up on it.

stayed in a room in a block closer to the main lobby than the beach.
rooms were old and looked like 1 too many spring break parties had happened before we arrived....stained couch and curtains....broken locks....

changed rooms to find more of the same

apparantly ocean view suites may have been renovated and much nicer than the "motel" style room we stayed in.

tried to use the breakfast room service that they offer....leave the card on the door handle and the next morning your breakfast will be delivered...noone ever came to pick up the card & only after a number of calls did we get breakfast the 3rd morning.

shows are quite good, beach is nice, pool is nice.

buffet restaurant is very self serve. waiters did not offer coffee, juice, beverage at any of the meals...depends what you are used to i guess

food is mediocre...fairly average for an AI in the DR.

i would give it a 6 out of 10 as there is a lot to do in cabarete and the beach/pool/shows outweighed our crappy room....the fact is you dont spend much time in the room anyway.

if you are young and looking for fun then this hotel is alright if you got a good price...otherwise i would suggest something different.

sangria

Status
Not open for further replies.