Hotel for 4 nights in July?

northstarnewbie

Jun 1, 2009
Hi All,

I am staying at the EL Portillo AI for the 1st part of my trip but wanted to set out and stay at a smaller hotel for 4 nights. I have read the reviews but am unsure if it is better stay near Las Terrenas or head over to Playa Bonita. My wife and I are younger and love to snorkel, play in the waves, hike etc...
not big partiers and would be happy to end the day with a great dinner and a sunset with a drink in hand. I am down to a couple options I think; Hotel Alesei / Playa Colibri or head a little further away and stay at Atlantis / Casa Grande. Any suggestions that you're willing to pass along will be greatly appreciated. ( if I rent a 4 wheeler, can I take that from Alisei and go visit the beaches of Coson etc...? )

Thanks again for your help and consideration.

CG

Bronze
Sep 16, 2004
From reading your post I personally would go for Playa Bonita, Best place for the sunset at the punta bonita, calm, etc. playa bonita is great and it rolls right into the playa coson. Regarding the 4 wheeler, you can go anywhere you like, Coson would be 15 mins, Town will be the same, staying in bonita you are in the middle of both.

Trust this helps, Enjoy !!!

LT

northstarnewbie

Jun 1, 2009
Thanks LT!

You've pushed me over the edge... I will head over to Playa Bonita. do you have a recommendation for Hotel? somewhere between $75-$100 per nite with breakfast and AC?

CG

Bronze
Sep 16, 2004
Can't help you with the rooms at Casa Grande, never stayed there. Stayed at the Atlantis several times and was never disappointed as the location is great. There is also the Acaya but it seems to be changing hands frequently so do not know what to say... Sorry can't be more help than that. There is a nice place way out at the end of Coson called Casa Coson, the reviews seem nice and the folks that run it are helpfull.
LT

northstarnewbie

Jun 1, 2009
my wife saw photos of Alisei and is hinting that she would like to stay there... I would prefer staying on a nice beach with fun waves, etc...
Hotel Acaya seems nice but there is not much info on the web. I've emailed Atlantis a few times these last couple weeks and they have yet to respond :(
I want to stay at the place which makes most sense. We are beach lovers, and also like good food. Should I pull the trigger on Acaya even though it is a little bit more than Alisei? I dont want to stay at a hotel where I have to leave their beach to get to a much better location.

It looks like I have a case of serious non-commitment complex. You really cant go wrong with either place...right!?

CG

Bronze
Sep 16, 2004
Go for Playa Bonita !!, rent a quad... it?s worth it.....

Last edited:

shuffine

Jan 17, 2006
If you go to Bonita....Casa Grande....Jackie and Sofie are great hosts and the food is great!