divorce=cancelled visa?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hejira

Jun 25, 2009
my wife and i have been married 4 years. we are getting a divorce. can i petition to have her visa and green card revoked? she has never lived with me because of school issues, but i realize now i was just a pawn so she could get a visa.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
This is for what country? I'm guessing the US? Where in the process is her visa and where is she?

hejira

Jun 25, 2009
she lives in santo domingo, i am a u.s. citizen living in bermuda. she has a full u.s. visa and a permanent resident card. as i said, she played me to get these...

El_Uruguayo

Bronze
Dec 7, 2006
Are you under any kind of financial obligation/contract? What would be the point, Preventing her from taking you to divorce court in the US, protecting your assets?. Or is it just revenge?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
she lives in santo domingo, i am a u.s. citizen living in bermuda. she has a full u.s. visa and a permanent resident card. as i said, she played me to get these...

I'll take a wild guess and say, too late, but I'm not a lawyer. I suggest you talk to a lawyer in the US but don't throw good money after bad. I think that's how the saying goes.

Sorry

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
And because YOU were duped/played you now feel as though you have to get back at her??
What would be wrong about her coming to Bermuda or going to the US Mainland ....... Is she now a bad risk to the country - a worse risk than she was when she was your wife?

I am presuming that the 'school issues' related to her child or children from a different father rather than her personal schooling (i.e her being a teenager :ermm:)? If she was responsible enough not to come to Bermuda so as to give her children a settled schooling before, why would she want to change that now? Wouldn't she have to get a visa for them too or do you think she will be leaving them behind?

What has SHE said about now wanting to use her Visa/Green card? ~ Grahame.

hejira

Jun 25, 2009
please don't assume...
she has no children, she is still in school part-time and kept putting off living with me saying she wanted to graduate. she is 30. i am just upset that she used me to get the visa and i want to cancel it.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
When there is a lack of information to base a solid & reliable response on we sometimes HAVE to make assumptions. Having got THAT one out of the way (which if you know Dominican girls is quite a reasonable assumption to make) then we can progress and ask
"Who's idea was the divorce - yours or HER's?

Having once loved her, why the about turn now to wanting to get revenge on her? Just because of the fact that you got duped? :surprised ~ Grahame.

carlam

Aug 4, 2008
Oh Honey,

Not sure if the visa can be cancelled, but you have already lost four years of your life on something you thought was real, only to find out, it wasn't. Why waste any more time, do you think for one second she will loose any sleep in knowing you are trying to cancel her visa ? the answer is no. When you are the one who has been used, you are also the only one who feels bad, sick, distraught over the situation. They do not care one way or the other, There is no way to get back anything, try to look to the future, Best of Luck.

hejira

Jun 25, 2009
she is unfaithful and has a boyfriend
to add insult to injury, i have bought her a car and an apartment so her mother could stay there when she came to live with me, which never happened. paid all her bills, etc.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
If she is still in school, why not wait and see what her true intentions are when she does graduate. I would think that you would be happy that she wants to better herself for, maybe you. How long has she been with you and of this time, in school? Also how much time is left to graduation? You sound so angry for that reason alone. Is there more to it that you really do not want to discuss here? I don't know how you feel about this,but being in a relationship with an intelligent and educated woman is so much more rewarding than the other choice. Best of luck

carlam

Aug 4, 2008
i am sure you have read through the other postings about relationships on this board, if not, start reading, you are not alone, it sucks when it happens to us, you can not figure out why, but it did, so now you have to find out what you can do for yourself to make your life better.

carla

If she is still in school, why not wait and see what her true intentions are when she does graduate. I would think that you would be happy that she wants to better herself for, maybe you. How long has she been with you and of this time, in school? Also how much time is left to graduation? You sound so angry for that reason alone. Is there more to it that you really do not want to discuss here? I don't know how you feel about this,but being in a relationship with an intelligent and educated woman is so much more rewarding than the other choice. Best of luck

Did you not see the previous post???? Shes got another man and this guy has been paying the bills!!!! Of course hes upset! :)

she is unfaithful and has a boyfriend
to add insult to injury, i have bought her a car and an apartment so her mother could stay there when she came to live with me, which never happened. paid all her bills, etc.

Read up on the numerous related threads in DR1 and you will probably realize the other guy has always been there,and you were used as a means to get to the USA, so that she can now help him out and possibly in the future get him to the states. Everyone cheats, its the name of the game.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
It used to be that for a visa petioned by an American spouse, the foreigner had to live with the American citizen for two years consecutively in the United States. On the two year anniversary or thereafter, an appointment is needed to remove the conditional status of the visa, otherwise it will shorlty become valid. Did you go through this process? If she has in fact had the automatic conditional status removed it will be difficult to do anything. Also, permanent residency requires that one live in the US more than 6 mos. out of the year, it is possible that she could have a problem with this issue, but I don't know if you call the BCIS to report it if they would actually do anything. Nonetheless, I'm sorry you were duped, best of luck.

TheHun

May 4, 2008
I'd like to add something here. It seems to me, that whenever the sankie is a man who got a visa to the US or Canada and sucked a woman dry, most advise -which I agree to - is to dump the bastard and revoke his visa immediately.
Now, when the same happens to a guy most advise are different.
Even blame him on the situation, without knowing all the details.
So is it OK to f^@k a guy, but it's forbidden to do the same with a woman, right?
Come on guys and gals! Be real!

The Hun

Reactions: AlterEgo

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Opinions expressed (both on and off point); OP has been MIA for over a month...

As with all meandering threads eventually they cease to serve...

CLOSED.

Gregg
Mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.