Fireworks for the 4th of July??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ineedmorepesos

Mar 4, 2009
I will be coming down to the Dominican Republic during the 4th of July weekend. Does any know if there are any planned fireworks displays? If so, where will it be and will it be free or is there a cost?

M

MRJone

Don't worry, after all the Presidentes that you are going to drink and the sankies you'll be doing, you'll see many fireworks.lol.

ineedmorepesos

Mar 4, 2009
Is it legal to bring sparklers to the Dominican Republic? Are there places where I can buy them or bigger fireworks?

Mar 2, 2008
I'm not sure about the sparklers, but Homeland Security might not like the idea.

As far as the legality in the DR, about two years ago they had a crack down. The police seized all fireworks for sale by vendors. It was supposedly in response to publicity about kids getting hurt, but it also might have had something to do with the collection of fees and taxes. Who knows the real reason?

Anyway, in answer to your question, I think the availability and "legality" of fireworks will probably depend on who has an investment in their sale and use.

My advice is to not bring in anything that even looks like fireworks, and then just wait and see. If you see them for sale publicly, it will be safe to buy them, but I wouldn't buy any through any private arrangement.

Status
Not open for further replies.