Driving Directions LRM Airport to Punta Cana

Chrisj

Jun 30, 2009
Hi there,
I am renting a car in La Romana Airport to get to my hotel in Punta Cana, since airport transfer from the same Hotel was insane ($350.00), can somebody please tell me the best way to get around, what way should I take to get to Km. 28 in Boulevard Turistico del Este. I know it would be at least 2 hours to get there and I am used to drive in Central and South America, so crazy drivers won't scare me away. I am fluent in Spanish so is it a good idea to stop by a gas station and ask for directions or better stay in the car? Please help!!

SteveS

Apr 15, 2008
Hi there,
I am renting a car in La Romana Airport to get to my hotel in Punta Cana, since airport transfer from the same Hotel was insane ($350.00), can somebody please tell me the best way to get around, what way should I take to get to Km. 28 in Boulevard Turistico del Este. I know it would be at least 2 hours to get there and I am used to drive in Central and South America, so crazy drivers won't scare me away. I am fluent in Spanish so is it a good idea to stop by a gas station and ask for directions or better stay in the car? Please help!!

I pinched this from a previous post from Santo Domingo to Punta Cana....

When you leave the airport, turn left onto the road and continue going

There is a curve left on the road, just make sure you keep left (you should be following everyone else)

On reaching Higuey, about 40 mins later (depending on traffic and whether you drive crazy or not!), you will pass a bomba Isla (gas station ISLA) on the right, and immediately after that the road forks. You need to be in the LEFT LANE, and take the left fork. This will take you up the the Church which you may be able to see on your left.

Go alongside the church keeping the church on the left and at the T junction at the end it will be signed for Punta Cana/Uvero Alto etc......, to the right.

Follow down and out of the town...

Now, I dont remember how far it is, but maybe about 5-10km out of the town, there is a junction, where the sign is broken over the road. I think there is a Popular bank on the right far corner. At this you turn right (before the Popular bank). Its a busy area and there are traffic lights so you shouldn't be going too fast. If you miss it, you're going a long long way out of your way...... ( hopefully you will know if you do because you will leave the town without turning)

after that, its easy, follow until eventually (30-40 minutes?) you get to another T, which is the highway, and you are only 2-3 km from the airport, probably at the end of the runway almost. Turn left onto the highway and about 2km later you will come to a T where you go right. This is the road that runs along the coast infront of all the Bavaro hotels.... Just make sure you keep right along this road, dont turn left......

I dont know exactly where your hotel is but if its Bavaro it'll be along there somewhere...