Resort Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kmace

Jul 2, 2009
My husband & I are coming to DR mid Dec. We've only been to the ocean a few times so I'm really looking forward to spending time in the water & a bit of snorkeling. My husband is looking forward to relaxing & eating whenever he wants :) We've narrowed it down to 2 resorts & I could use a little advice:
Sun Village Resort & Spa (Cofresi) vs Casa Marina Beach & Reef Resort (Sosua).
It seems that Sun Village might be the better resort & Casa Marina the better location?? Which would be the best overall? Thanks :)

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Sun Village is more spread out and far outside of town, Casa Marina is in the middle of Sosua, a fun, but kind of crowded and noisy town.

If you want isolation and maybe more relaxation, Sun Village may be the best bet. If you want to get out and mingle with locals and tourists/ex-pats from around the world, choose Casa Marina.

tarrantino

Jan 12, 2006
I agree with Hlywud, at Casa Marina, you have the use of both the Reef and Beach facilities and the town is located right outside the resort, so you also have the option of exploring the town.

That would be my choice hands down ( I should mention that CM is the resort where we always stay, so if you do decide to stay there and have any questions ask away)

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
Casa Marina!!!!!!! I stayed there with my wife & daughter several times before we lived here. It's not the best hotel I've ever stayed in but it is the most fun and our visits there went a long way towards our final decision to live here in Sosua!

Kmace

Jul 2, 2009
Thanks everyone for your advice! That made our decision a whole lot easier!

Status
Not open for further replies.