Puerto Plata to Samana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaia

Jul 4, 2009
My cousin and I are planning to travel from Imbert to Samana for about 10 days this summer. We were thinkng of stopping at some places along the way and then try and find a faster bus (if possible) back. We are both female, 30 and like non-resort types of places. We prefer down-to-earth places and are on a pretty tight budget.

Does anyone have any suggestions of places we should check out? Advice on a fast bus back to Imbert or Puerto Plata would be much appreciated too.

Thanks.

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
Fish lunch at Playa Grande YUMMY! I would think either the Metro or Caribe Tours coach service would be the fastest way back with fewest stops!

Jan 17, 2009
Neither Metro or Caribe Tours go to Samana from Puerto Plata. The only bus service I'm aware of is Papagayo, which I believe leaves Samana at 2pm.

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
The last time I used this service from Samana to Puerto Plata (Nov 2007), I recall it leaving Samana around 10h30am/11h00am....not sure if the "schedule" has been revised.

Also, be aware that this is not an express service so expect multiple stops en route. Definately a good choice if you are budget-minded, we paid RD$150 each way.

Status
Not open for further replies.