3rd trip to the DR need some advise..

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrpossibility68

Nov 30, 2007
I am planning my third trip back down to paradise.. Looking to make it an extended trip my last 2 where just a week each..
planning a trip around christmas for 3 weeks.. love to be in sosua.. looking for opinions and some advice.. looking for inexpensive/reasonable, safe.clean .. not too noisy.. stayed at rockies last time... and frankly some say noisy but it never bothered me lol...maybe. frig,tv,internet/wifi.pool, safe in room.

been looking around have a few places that i would like opnions or rankings..

Sea breeze, paraiso, casa valeria, new garden, hotel europa.. or maybe a new suggestion..

appreciate input

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
i'm gonna pitch the villas to you. after i stayed there once, i may never do the hotel thing again.

casa linda or residencia hispaniola...

mrpossibility68

Nov 30, 2007
ok .. well i am single.. seems the condo are for more like 3-4 people.. unless you no more please tell.. do you know the rates?

sosuaman

*** Sin Bin ***
Jul 27, 2006
Been to Sosua 25 times and have been there on all budgets and stayed almost anywhere you can stay.
if you are into dropping $100 a nite and can fford it - go for it - the suggestions of casalinda are excellent.
on the other hand if you are looking in the $30-$50 per nite range - there are many to choose from. Rockies of course is inexpensive, very close to the action and just a fun atmosphere. In these rooms you get what you pay for - New Garden - up the road a bit - is a nice place with many new rooms $45, $50 a nite
then you may try Don Antonio - a nice spot on the same side of Rockies but up the road towards the main road. Cheap rooms, good showers, nice beds, nice pool, fairly clean rooms and close to the action. Nice guy working there "Obi" at the bar - very accomodating.
Or get there , get a room at Rockies for a nite and head out to check out all the other hotels available - look at the rooms, negotiate a rate and find the best one you like. Up to you. The longer you stay the more budget you may want to go (month or so) - If going for 5-10 nites try the villa route and live it up!
hope the info was somewhat helpful

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
good suggestion sosuaman. rockie's could be your homebase. most places are more than welcomed to show you their villas, condos or hotel rooms.

Status
Not open for further replies.