Dominican Day Parades photos from NYC

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
No, DR carnival is much better. NYC was a bit rough IMHO, althrough DR carnival can be too, it doesn't have the same NY gang element

Mr. Lu

Bronze
Mar 26, 2007

No, DR carnival is much better. NYC was a bit rough IMHO, althrough DR carnival can be too, it doesn't have the same NY gang element

Jmmmm A gang element? At the NY Dominican Day Parade? I would have never thought it!!

Jjejejej

Mr. Lu

Imbert369

Sep 21, 2008
AD.....What gang element are you speaking off...I live in NY and have never witnessed any Gang activity at the parade

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
there was a big police presence and one quite aggressive fight near where we were standing. I've lived in the DR for 8 years so i know what normal latin guys look like.

several of my higher level DR friends who are now in NYC did not want to attend the parades precisely for the violence. close the thread if you want, but this is the reality we saw and it was disappointing.

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
Nice pics - thanks for sharing!

I am Dominican, have lived in NYC since I was a little kid, and have been to the DR parade ONLY ONCE. No thank you, I rather watch on T.V. It is supposed to be a celebration of Dominican culture. Not an excuse to come to midtown and act all crazy. When I see those tigueres you are talking about causing ruckus I feel ashamed. Because the by-sanders will think OH WOW...DOMINICANS ARE WILD. And of course we all know that not all Dominicans are like that.

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
I have been to about 3 Dominican parades throughout the years and I've never witnessed any violence.........I'm sure there are little groups of teenagers who act up, but there is always police presence to squash any unacceptable behavior.

NYC parades are safe, ok except for the West Indian parade, now there is always shootings going on(this one is in Brooklyn on Labor Day)