bachata/salsa etc in boston area?

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
Did I ask this already?

My cousin is here for the next few weeks. She's a pro ballroom dancer and would like to salsa...i would like to bachata...we basicaly just want a fun latin night in the boston area.

I've had a couple of suggestions...but nothing I am jumping down about. She's kinda classy....so i dont want anything too divey.

suggestions are welcome (north shore works too...but i'd rather boston or cambridge)

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
well...hanover is not very close to boston...nor is it close to the north shore area. So i have not found the answer I was looking for. My cousin is pretty picky and likes to dress up a bit. I'd like to find some place that we both can enjoy. She likes ballroom dancing...and i like alt spots. (gay or gay friendly). Not looking for a date but just looking for a place we would both like. The man thing is about the music. I hate Esquilita in NYC....love The Monster (on a monday) Thanks for your great advise tambo.

jj

Last edited:

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Take a look at The Roxy's website. They have a latin section and a gay section. The last I knew they have 7 club themes in one location. They are on Tremont Street. I would post the link if I knew how.
Too bad Worcester is too far for you because the Hanover latin summer series would be perfect for a classy pro. Maybe some other time for that one. It is such a hit that I am sure Worcester will find someplace to continue classy latin dance.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
Gracias....wow..i cant believe the Roxy is still around. That is probably where we will end up. The Paradise in Cambridge used to have a really fun latin night on Mondays...but we are talking nearly 20 years ago. Plus it was probably a little too edgy for my "princess" cousin.

Worcester is definitely way too far. That is a good hour or so from here...If she is willing to drive I dont mind traveling...especialy if any other folks want to meet up etc.

Thanks for the heads up dulce. I did the google thing and came up with a few places. was just looking for personal fav's from la ganga here.

QUOTE=dulce;783016]Take a look at The Roxy's website. They have a latin section and a gay section. The last I knew they have 7 club themes in one location. They are on Tremont Street. I would post the link if I knew how.
Too bad Worcester is too far for you because the Hanover latin summer series would be perfect for a classy pro. Maybe some other time for that one. It is such a hit that I am sure Worcester will find someplace to continue classy latin dance.[/QUOTE]

TheOP

Jul 14, 2006
Somerville, MA
If you're still looking for a salsa place in Greater Boston, you guys should definitely go to Ryles in Cambridge... or Havana for that matter, but I highly recommend Ryles...
Roxy's is not good for salsa at all.