One more idiota ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankly

Aug 27, 2009
Hallo to everybody,
first of all I want to say sorry for my bad english, it is just what I learned in school and that is long time ago.

Now I start my question like so many fools before: "I met a girl on Sosua beach..." O. k., this is the truth and I know what many people think now. But I am looking for some serious advice and Iam over 40 years, have been travelling a lot, a few times to la Republica and normally I am not totally stupid.

So I met a girl on Sosua beach. She was working there in a bar, I liked her, we went out together and to be honest I was only thinking of having some fun for maybe some days and nights. She is 24 and the first evening she had to leave very early. She told me that her mother would not allow her to go out that late.

The next day she said that she never had sex with a man and probably would not have it with me cause she dont want to end as a puta and that her family/mom would throw her out.. So we just went out several times, we kissed (in some bars) and I spent a few nights with other women. She knew that more or less and she accepted it more or less.
Of course I paid for the drinks in the bars but beside for motocoche she never asked me for money.
Two days before I left she told me that she had been lying about the sex and that she had one boyfriend before. She explained that she just said it because she did not want to stay with somebody who is only looking for quick sex.
I was quite confused but anyway all the time I used to have a good time with her, with or without sex.
Also she asked me a few times to met her mom, but I never wanted it cause for me this seemed to be to official.

So back home to Germany I could not forget her and she called me often to tell me how much she misses me. We had some good times chatting but also some fighting about that cause she came often late. Twice I sent her about 100 Euros for the costs of telephone and Internet, she did not asked me for that.

Now the second case of alarming: The Operation
In Sosua she had already told me about some health problems and that maybe she will need an operation. Now, 1 year later she says that it will take place soon. I asked her about the costs and who will pay that. She told me her mother tries. I asked her if she knows that I cannot help her (which beside is true) and she said she knows and that is not the reason of waiting for me.

Now in a few weeks I will return to La Republica. The closer it gets the more I am confused. Could it be true love or just another idiota?

What do you think?

RGVgal

Bronze
May 26, 2008
All I'm going to say is that a decent Dominican girl would be NOT working at a bar.

frankly

Aug 27, 2009
What is "classic" in that case and whereelse can a woman living in Sosua earn money?

frankly

Aug 27, 2009
I heared about the "operation method". But on the other hand sometimes people need an operation and of course most people there do not have insurance. So why should this be so hard to believe?

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Actually amigo, if you read most of the Mars & Venus section, and still send her money for an operation, you are the one that needs an operation, a frontal lobotomy. You are being played like a Stradivarius!

She lied to you on several occasions, go find another "chica in need" that is not a mentirosa, there are plenty of needy chicas in Sosua that don't need emergency cornea transplants.

I heared about the "operation method". But on the other hand sometimes people need an operation and of course most people there do not have insurance. So why should this be so hard to believe?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Did you ask what kind of operation? Details of the health problem? I mean the girl is only 24 so what could be falling apart already? ;)

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I am sorry that you feel obligated. You are being used, unfortunately. this is so "classic" that most posters will just giggle.

By the way, i wish my German was 1/10 as good as your English...

Do not worry and do not think you are an idiota...you are just another victim of a very old ploy (game)...

forget her, there are many many more.....

HB

2dlight

Bronze
Jun 3, 2004
Did you ask what kind of operation? Details of the health problem? I mean the girl is only 24 so what could be falling apart already? ;)

At that age working in that environment she could have a lot of "mileage" on her and need an operation to "tighten-up":surprised;) When the German fellow returns to the DR she'll be "good-as-new" I could be totally wrong however.

frankly

Aug 27, 2009
Its hard for me to explain in english (or even in German):
as I understood (in spain!): some babys when they are born they have a kind of hole in their heart, which has to be operated, which is (at least in Europe) not such a big problem. In her case it was not done and has to be done now.

And as I said before: I did not send her any money for that operation and I told her that I am not able to do that (which is true)!

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Go down, enjoy your time with her (why not?) just be aware of what she may be looking for. Do not giver her any money and obviously use a condom. Not everyone who works at a bar is a prostitute, but most are. People do need operations and this could be the case with her. Just say "Well wish I could help, but unfortunately don't have any money right now..." If she really needs an operation then let her pay for it herself.

RGVgal

Bronze
May 26, 2008
What is "classic" in that case and whereelse can a woman living in Sosua earn money?

There are plenty of places a woman can work, a bar isn't the only employer in town. I'm a Dominican woman, I am telling you that a Dominicana that is not a 'working girl' would not work in a bar. One the line about her mom not wanting her home late is total BS. She probably had to meet up with another customer later that night.

Again, you will not meet a decent Dominican girl, that has only had 1 boyfriend, at a bar. That type of girl, wouldn't even be patronizing a bar because she would be worried about 'lo que dira la gente'

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
think about it the other way round you are 40 years old and working in a bar and you spot an irresistable 60 year old tourist sitting alone in your bar- what do you do ?

frankly

Aug 27, 2009
think about it the other way round you are 40 years old and working in a bar and you spot an irresistable 60 year old tourist sitting alone in your bar- what do you do ?

If she is as attractive as I am maybe I would fall in love:surprised

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
you sound lovely....did i mention I was having a sex change operation and I need money for a few bits and pieces...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.