Married ~ Nov.30/08
Application received ~ Feb.16/09
Approved as sponsor ~ Mar.3/09
IN PROCESS ~ Mar10/09
Called by embassy to bring passport and cedula ~ Jun.18/09
Received letter in SD requesting secondary identity documents ~ Jun.22/09
Requested documents delivered to SD ~ July 23/09
Wife called by Haiti to bring passport to SD to complete process ~ Aug.17/09

My wife received her PR Visa Sept 11th 2009~ Process Complete!

Barbie38

Apr 15, 2009
Congratulations

CANWEST, congratulations to you both...you must be sooooo excited for your wife to finally come to Canada!

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
Congratulations! Seems like that was pretty quick and painless compared to most!!

Best wishes to you both!
Sangria

CanWest66

May 11, 2008
Canada
Muchas gracias

Thank you all for your kind words and support. I have been following the visa forum since before we got married. I wanted to know what I was in for and what to prepare for. I found a wealth of knowledge and experience on this site and always someone willing to help or share information and experiences. I believe I would have been at a great disadvantage in the whole process without the collective knowledge and wisdom found on this site. I thank all those who took the time to post and share and assist. Just to give you an example, my lawyer looked at me rather oddly when I told him I was doing the process myself and a friend of mine just paid an immigration lawyer over 10,000CAD to work on his application for his wife from china and their time line was similar to ours. I can not speculate as to why our process whet so well but I remember looking through time-lines and saying to myself I really hope ours is one of the smooth ones. I know many of you have had a much harder time with immigration than we have. I only hope that you all have a successful conclusion to your processes and are able to finally be with your loved ones. My advice to anyone beginning the process would be research this forum and follow the example of others and to all who are still in process yours is more of and emotional endeavor that requires a lot of patients and commitment but don't be complacent and stay with the forum for news, information and support. I know I have not contributed much or often here but I am truly grateful for all the help and I would like to thank the moderators for all their hard work and devotion.

Tom.

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
Tom:

Congratulations.......

The Best to you both....

Very happy for you....;) she maybe in Canada by now....ha ha ha

Lucille