SDQ to Punta Cana resort, need transportation help!

beach

Sep 17, 2009
Hi, my boyfriend and I are staying in the Catalonia Royal Bavaro resort from 9/25 - 9/28. However, we are flying into Santo Domingo at 10am on 9/25. We are flying back on 9/28 at 8pm.

It's been very difficult for me to plan the transport between SDQ and punta cana because of my limited spanish skills. Can someone please recommend a good travel agent or car service that can help us make this trip? We looked into flying but the only flight I found leaves at 5pm and we would like to get to Punta Cana as early as possible.

Ideally we prefer to be picked up at the airport and driven directly to the resort.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Don't bother getting picked up at the airport. Just take one of the union taxis outside the door. The fare is US$30 to Catalonia. It is about a 15 minute drive.

Cibaeno

Feb 7, 2009
I guess you didn't realize that she is landing in Santo Domingo! From Santo Domingo airport to Bavaro would be sensational to pay 30 US$ for the taxi ride ;)

You can check on www.sunnybookings.com, we offer transfers from SDQ to Punta Cana/ Bavaro.

Timm

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
I am sending you a PM with my phone number

I have a good reliable driver here in SD who will pick you up, drive you out, and then come back and get you.

His charge is $4400 pesos for each trip.... which is about $125 at the current rate.

He does speak English a bit, but with a heavy accent. I will send you his number as well.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Consider driving into Santo Domingo. Seeing the sights of the Colonial City and then taking the 4pm bus to Punta Cana. You can call a taxi company and for RD$150 the taxi will take you from the Colonial City to the Expresos Bavaro station at Calle Juan Sanchez Ramirez, perpendicular from the Supermercado Nacional. The taxi into Santo Domingo is about US$30, and then the bus out to Punta Cana is less than US$10 each. You would need to take a US$30 taxi to get to your final destination once you arrive in Punta Cana. Get off at the Veron bus station, that puts you closest to Catalonia. Adds up to around US$80. Doable, but would keep you on the go. The taxi option at US$125 would be zero stress, but then you don't get to see Santo Domingo, which is really worth it now that you are landing in Santo Domingo.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
I suggest that the poster using the services of Expresso Bavaro request the bus driver to drop her off in front of Taxi Veron at the Veron crossroads. The taxi service will bring her to the Catalonia for under US$ 20.

Regards,
PJT

Mcinbrass

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
I am doing the same thing on Oct 22. I have decided to rent a car one way for US $90.00. Staying at Bavaro Palace and they have Alamo drop off right in the resort. Another cheapo alternative is to take a taxi out of the airport to the highway and wait for the bus to higuey, then transfer to the bus to Bavaro.