airline for kids

ada

Feb 2, 2005
My 2 kids (5 and 7 yrs. old) are flying to be with grandma for the holidays by themselves, of course with the help of the flight attendant. I found very good rates for both AA and Delta leaving Dec. 21 and returning Jan.4. I usually only fly Jet Blue. Anyone can recommend either or? I've heard AA has some ridiculous delays sometimes and it's something I'm concerned about.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
My 2 kids (5 and 7 yrs. old) are flying to be with grandma for the holidays by themselves, of course with the help of the flight attendant. I found very good rates for both AA and Delta leaving Dec. 21 and returning Jan.4. I usually only fly Jet Blue. Anyone can recommend either or? I've heard AA has some ridiculous delays sometimes and it's something I'm concerned about.

AA is notorious for delays. Delta not sure about.
I sent you a PM also about lunch...
SHALENA

MAQUINO

Aug 27, 2009
I have a 2yr old and i would recommend jetblue.. very enteraining with the tv's.

DanaP

May 23, 2007
I second the JetBlue comment, my son loves it!!! Also, I trust you have the appropriate government paperwork for your children to fly out of the DR without their parents?? It is a must, they cannot leave without it.

severino

Aug 3, 2009
Could you let me know the paperwork that is required, my stepson has received his visa to visit the UK, I know my husband needs to get paperwork from the embassy here in the UK, what does his mum need to get from the government in the DR?

leeanna

Feb 22, 2004
i would make sure your kids are up to this,last year I had to send my kids from jfk to colorado and found out they were terrified,(they were 8)in the end my sister flew in to pick them up.I would definetly go with Jet Blue,tv's help but there is no signal over a great deal of the flight from dr to jfk.I would not just rely on that,set them up with other entertainment.The person who picks them up must bring there proper documentation and the airline will ask you for all the info on the person who is picking them up.Good luck!

ada

Feb 2, 2005
Thanks for all your advice! About the paperwork, I read online that if the kids are foreign (in this case American) they don't need the paperwork, I just need to let the airline know and pay the fee. My kids live here but they don't have their citizenship yet. I hope I don't have to pay paperwork fees on top of their "tourist" overstay fee! does anyone have experience with this? Thanx

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Make sure you call the Dominican Consulate in NY, for proper documentation such the letter to enter and exit the Dominican Republic.

the on- demand entertainment system is excellent on Delta and the kids get free food onboard the aircraft, they will get a perishable Food Item ( Sandwinch) and one Non-Perishable items ( M&M's, Pringle's).