From HATO MAYOR to San francisco de macoris??

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
While the maps might show you a route that is shorter, perhaps the best way would be to take the new highway north and then go west to SFM...probably not all that complicated..

HB

Feb 7, 2007
By car: Hato Mayor to San Pedro, then to Santo Domingo, take the "Samana" exit just after the toll (after the airport), thentake route to Samana, and then (somewhere???) make turn to San Francisco.

By bus: Hato Mayor to Santo Domingo (local guagua), then Santo Domingo to San Francisco (Caribe Tours).

By car: Hato Mayor to San Pedro, then to Santo Domingo, take the "Samana" exit just after the toll (after the airport), thentake route to Samana, and then (somewhere???) make turn to San Francisco.

By bus: Hato Mayor to Santo Domingo (local guagua), then Santo Domingo to San Francisco (Caribe Tours).

I do the new road monthly and have never seen an exit or road toward Sanfrancisco. You will have to take the new highway north till the end then turn left toward Nagua, once in Nagua follow signs toward Santo Domingo,I know this sounds like bad directions but the signs will be sending you the old way from Nagua-Capital which takes you directly into Sanfrancisco 20-30 mins later.

Feb 7, 2007
I do the new road monthly and have never seen an exit or road toward Sanfrancisco. You will have to take the new highway north till the end then turn left toward Nagua, once in Nagua follow signs toward Santo Domingo,I know this sounds like bad directions but the signs will be sending you the old way from Nagua-Capital which takes you directly into Sanfrancisco 20-30 mins later.

According to the map I am looking at, there is a road 226 El Avanico - Villa Riva - Arenoso -Los cacaos (most likely a dirt road) which connects with San Francisco - Nagua road. It is right after crossing Rio Yuna and about 12 km before getting to "Cruce de Rincon"

On Samana highway there are MANY unmarked exits, you just have to know where to make the turn. (there si only "1" (one) marked exit and that one is Bayaguana/Monte Plata crossroad - because it's the paved road).
I am sure the SFM exit is there as well...unmarked, though.