Some of the universities are free in the DR?

Evv

Sep 5, 2009
I have been told by a friend that some of the universities are free in the DR for the dominicans, I was wondering if it is true or she has been misinformed? If they are, does anyone know which ones?
Thank you, Ev

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
No, that is not true. Even the UASD charges something per credit. However, you get what you pay for.

HB

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
One of my stepsons goes to infotec part of the University in San pedro. They do a 6 month course in hotel and tourism for 100 rd$!!!

matilda

redheadkatie

May 2, 2009
Yeah my boyfriend goes to one of the public universities in Higuey and I think he said it's 5 or 10 pesos per credit. Not free, but pretty close to it. It's pretty crazy how cheap it is, but when you consider how unlikely it is that their education will help them get a job in that field I guess it makes sense. He tells me the most educated people in the country are usually moto-concho drivers!

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
they dont even know the rules of driving....hmmm arrow pointing one way what does this mean...una via - but Im only going one way

pkaide1

Bronze
Aug 10, 2005
Yeah my boyfriend goes to one of the public universities in Higuey and I think he said it's 5 or 10 pesos per credit. Not free, but pretty close to it. It's pretty crazy how cheap it is, but when you consider how unlikely it is that their education will help them get a job in that field I guess it makes sense. He tells me the most educated people in the country are usually moto-concho drivers!

You are very miss informed. You would not find college educated person driving a motoconcho or Taxi in DR. The best University in DR is the "Universidad Madre y Maestra de Santiago" Their credits are recognized by many institution in the US.

By the way, Universida Autonoma de Santo Domingo (UASD) is the oldest university in the American continent.

pkaide1

Bronze
Aug 10, 2005

Another fact, in the "Universidad Central del Este" (UCE), there many Americans studying medicine. They come here, because it is very cheap compared to the US, and do their study and prepare to past the test in the US.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
INFOTEP and the schools run by the Armed Forces will train in some of the trades. Also Loyola in San Cristobal, IPISA in Santiago, Escuela Agr?cola in La Vega and a couple of others train in basic areas.

HB