Apartments in Playa Dorada

Status
Not open for further replies.

rimley

Oct 16, 2008
There is a billboard in Puerto Plata for apartments for sale in Playa Dorada starting at $61,000. Does anyone know what the information on that billboard says (web address? phone number? community name?). I keep forgetting! :( I'm going to Playa Dorada tomorrow and was thinking about checking out some apartments there.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I know of a studio in Dorado Naco that is for sale (I think)...

And probably another bunch of property. If I had the money I'd buy, really. I love POP and Playa Dorada for all of its ills...

HB

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
thats buying a condo in the Gran Paradise Hotel from 61k and up.....look at the fine print if you are thinking of buying one...you can own a condo there, but everytime you want to use it or go on the property you need to buy the all inclusive pkg

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
you can own a condo there, but everytime you want to use it or go on the property you need to buy the all inclusive pkg

So what is it that the owners 'own'? Not even the right to use their own kitchens.............?

Owning one of these places, if you can get the terms right and really do 'own' something to either rent out, or as a getaway spot etc might be fine, but living there 24/7 might not be so attractive. The environment is full of tourists - not being rude about tourists but inevitably that means a shifting population, no community spirit, little committment to addressing common problems (why should they, they are, after all, on holiday). Not the sort of deal I personally would choose for the location I called home.

Status
Not open for further replies.