Closest lodging in Las Galeras to Playita?

E-Z Glider

Nov 11, 2009
What are the closest places in Las Galares to Playita beach? I was looking at Chalet Tropical, which looks very nice, but read that its a 10 minute walk to Playita and you cant even see the sea from the houses?

Are there any maps which show the locations of all rentals in Las Galares??

CatherineD

Sep 3, 2006
Casa Dorado in Las Galeras

Because of a land dispute and lawsuit with the government most of the land around La Playita is not developed. So I don't think there are any places with a view right on La Playita.

I run Casa Dorado, which is a 7-8 minute walk to La Playita. There is a map at: Las Galeras Information

You can see the ocean from the upstairs terrace, but it is not right on the ocean.

There are pictures at:

Hotel and Bed and Breakfast Las Galeras, Samana, Dominican Republic

Catherine

Berliner

Aug 9, 2007
The really closest hotel to playita is called: El nuevo paradiso,
don't know their telephone, rates and accomodation but can check out later.
Allthough you do not have ocean view their neither because of what explained Catherine from Casa Dorada.
Hotel "La Playita" is not a Hotel anymore but an apparment rental (no service, no food)

CatherineD

Sep 3, 2006
Hotels near Casa Dorado

El Nuevo Paradiso is right there behind La Playita, but without a view of the beach, because it is too low, which is what E-Z Glidder asked about. The owners are away a lot of the time and I am not sure if they are always open, also far from any services at night if you don't have a car.

Hotel La Playita is the same distance from La Playita as we are. I am not sure how they are renting their rooms now.

Casa Dorado is open for business and we offer free snorkeling equipment for La Playita and wi-fi.

Catherine
Casa Dorado :: Las Galeras