Please some advise child support

gior

Nov 11, 2009
HI,
My boyfriend who is the father of my son and who I Have live with for the past three years is a resident in the here in the United States and has two girls in D.R.( he is too from DR.) One of the girls my bf signed the birth certificate but for the other girl didnt. He used to send money every month to the mother but then I had my son and now is harder for him to send money since i had to stop working. Since he is the only one working the government helps us. because money its not enough for all three of us.
He hasnt been able to send money for about two months and the mother of his girl told him that she started a case for child support.

In the other hand my boyfriend's mother is the one who has been paying the mother of the girls rent for couple of years now. that is separate from what he used to send her.

so my question is what can we expect? since he lives here in USA and they live in DR?
Will he have to go to court?

another question if I marry him will the child support affect me in any way?

Look at how he is treating his other children!!!! Maybe he should get a 2nd or 3rd job if he wants to keep having kids!!! He will eventually have a child with some other woman and leave you behind trying to collect from this guy. If he travels to DR he may be detained from leaving the country. If the woman has the resourses in the USA he can be served legal papers from DR. My advise would be for him to man up and try to support his children.

Sep 22, 2009
HI,
My boyfriend who is the father of my son and who I Have live with for the past three years is a resident in the here in the United States and has two girls in D.R.( he is too from DR.) One of the girls my bf signed the birth certificate but for the other girl didnt. He used to send money every month to the mother but then I had my son and now is harder for him to send money since i had to stop working. Since he is the only one working the government helps us. because money its not enough for all three of us.
He hasnt been able to send money for about two months and the mother of his girl told him that she started a case for child support.

In the other hand my boyfriend's mother is the one who has been paying the mother of the girls rent for couple of years now. that is separate from what he used to send her.

so my question is what can we expect? since he lives here in USA and they live in DR?
Will he have to go to court?

another question if I marry him will the child support affect me in any way?

If the mother petitions the court in DR for child support, they will have to use a Hague process to enforce this in the States. This is very costly process and most likely will not come to pass. In many international situations, the petitioner ends up having to hire an attorney to pursue this.

If the judge here in DR executes a CS order and the father is non-compliant, they MAY "flag" his Dominican passport and/or Cedula IF he still has valid issuances of these documents. In this case he MAY be detained at the airport upon arrival into DR.

But this is all speculation. An attorney specializing in international "situations" should be consulted for a definitive answer.

Best of luck,
ERM

gior

Nov 11, 2009
If the mother petitions the court in DR for child support, they will have to use a Hague process to enforce this in the States. This is very costly process and most likely will not come to pass. In many international situations, the petitioner ends up having to hire an attorney to pursue this.

If the judge here in DR executes a CS order and the father is non-compliant, they MAY "flag" his Dominican passport and/or Cedula IF he still has valid issuances of these documents. In this case he MAY be detained at the airport upon arrival into DR.

But this is all speculation. An attorney specializing in international "situations" should be consulted for a definitive answer.

Best of luck,
ERM

thank you very very much
for giving me a serious response now I now what can we do and if we can works things out with the mother that way it doent go that far thank again for your response

thanks againg