Hearing for Deslinde

bigfish

Jul 10, 2007
We have been waiting three years for our deslinde. Now our lawyer says it is ready, but they want an additional $700.00U.S. for them to hire another attorney to represent us in a court hearing. They will contact our neighbors to see if they contest our survey.
If our neighbor do not appear in court, the deslinde will go through by default.
Is this extra fee normal procedure? Or we being held for ransom?

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Sounds questionable to me unless you have an adjacent proerty owner who is disputing the property line because this is part of the normal deslinde process as it was explained to me by the attorney for a property owner who built some apartments behind my house.

Also be wary of anybody that asks for fees in dollars, I for one won't take anyone seriously that does that.

bigfish

Jul 10, 2007
Our Lawyer says that he never goes to court, that he hires another attorney to take care or court cases.

There has never been any dispute regarding our property lines, we have had our property surveyed three times, the last time being for the deslinde, benchmarks, GPS, the whole thing. No problems, we are in a project with much separation, and no hassles regarding property lines.

Our attorney has always priced fees in U.S. Dollars..............what should we do, not pay, and risk not getting the deslinde, after waiting three years??
Or should we just cowtow down to the ripoff tactics of D.R. attorneys, (some of them, not all)

Maybe, Fabio Guzman has an official answer to this problem, we really can`t afford the $700.00 fee that is being requested.

HELP!!!