Moving to Cabarete, need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChantalintheDR

Nov 29, 2009
Hi there, I am a single gal from Canada and will be moving to Cabarete in the new year and could use some advice. Is it safe? Where would be a good place to live, or a bad place to live? Would it be possible to rent a room for a while, until I get more familiar with the area? Any advice would help! Thanks

oriole100

Bronze
Oct 9, 2005
Cabarete is safe if you don't go crazy or do dumb things. You may want to stay at the Hotel Kaoba. Rooms are clean and safe. Reasonable price. Stay for a week or two. Look around. There are plenty of long term rentals available. It depends on your budget. Like home, dont believe everything your told. There is a learning curve. Make a copy of your passport. Lock up the real one and carry the copy. Good luck and Welcome.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
Hi there, I am a single gal from Canada and will be moving to Cabarete in the new year and could use some advice. Is it safe? Where would be a good place to live, or a bad place to live? Would it be possible to rent a room for a while, until I get more familiar with the area? Any advice would help! Thanks

MOST CERTAINLY you should rent a studio or small apartment BEFORE you even completely make your mind up about living here. Give yourself a couple of months renting, maybe even moving on to another place before you burn bridges where ever you are coming from.
There are many places offering short to medium time rentals. Most likely you will want to try to find something near or on the beaches when looking online, as there are no "bad" spots North of the main highway thru Cabarete. There are many nice and safe spots South of it too, but from where you stand right now, it may be difficult for you to tell the not so good ones from the better or OK ones.
You might also, once you have found something which fits your budget, come back on here and ask about a particular development, street or spot again.

Good luck... J-D.

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
I moved to the DR as a single gal and moved home again. Feel free to PM me, with all things there is good and bad. Do you have money to live on for a while, and do you speak Spanish?

Status
Not open for further replies.