Hotel Independencia

titanjones

Dec 16, 2008
cheapest hotel in SD (15 USD/night) in the HUB of the city. however, rats in the rooms, no AC, and bugs...I think the bed is made of straw. Seriously...dont ever go there.

rsg

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
cheapest hotel in SD (15 USD/night) in the HUB of the city. however, rats in the rooms, no AC, and bugs...I think the bed is made of straw. Seriously...dont ever go there.

You know what they say, YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR...
But my question to you titanjones, is did you last the night in this place with the rats and bugs?
I really hope chicago man and that Rockero guy are reading this.

May 8, 2009
straw beds

I thought people were paying more for straw beds these days? I recently read an article that it was becoming the 'in' thing.

leon486

Dec 2, 2009
Well try rubens hotel, right in the heart of the city, 27ave with maximo gomez. its like US$38.
You get AC, and very comfy rooms and you won't see any rats or bugs.

You can also look around in the colonial zone, there are a few hotels there for about the same US$15, I don't think all of them are gonna be crawling with bugs and have crappy beds.

curiosita

Jun 4, 2007
Rats and bugs... are you talking about Independencia across from the parque? Things must have gone downhill. It was always VERY barebones but I never had a problem with rats or bugs there (haven't been in about a year).

karlheinz

Oct 2, 2006
No, that's the Hotel Parque Independencia. The originally referred to is on the next corner down, actually on Calle Estrelleta. All the hookers hang out on the corner so you know it's a "hot" spot hotel.

Karlheinz