Making Santioga My New Home In June!

torreylee

Oct 24, 2009
www.mesothelioma-lawsuit-advice.com
Hi Everyone,

I went through the 1st phase of the immigration process in early November (medical exam, etc.), I will be leaving all behind as soon as my PRC is ready, my awesome lawyer said it will take about 3 months. I DON'T have any desire to live around a bunch of expats ( a few is OK), I love Latin lands and the DR because it feels like home to me when I walk the streets, I'm brown skinned so I tend to blend in well (except for my size) and I just love the friendly nature of the people. I am allowed to take the edge off and feel comfortable in my skin, ahhhh... I have decided that Santiago is a great place to live without being in a tourist location or a heavily expat landing spot. I would simply like to hear some nice things about the City, negative things will be accepted too I suppose( I know that there are no beaches there already). A little info about me... I am a 32 yr old, 6'4" 250lb, I make my living online by building websites. Anyway, what do you all think of Santiago as a place to settle down with my dog and relax?

torreylee

Oct 24, 2009
www.mesothelioma-lawsuit-advice.com
dont bogard the ladies man!

No plans on that brother, lol. All I need is one and I'm in no rush... Looking to absolutely relax and love life away from the anal retentiveness, hussle and bussle, and rat race tom foolery that I currently observe and roll my eyes at, LOL... Can't wait. Almost moved to Brazil but there is just something about the DR, plus I think learning Spanish is more valuable in todays world. I'd like to know what kind of apartment $300 a month could possibly get me?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Without furniture? Probably something so-so...
I think you should pick out an area you feel comfortable in and see what is for rent.
Since you are looking to settle down, you could go real low ans slow until you find something just right.
Some things to be considered:
Electric service to the area
Water service to the area
Availability of taxis and publicos (Which you might or might not use.)
Restaurants.

Good luck with the move.

HB

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
I got a friend who is a lawyer, her sister is in the RE biz. Do you have a car? She had a place I looked at in Cristo Rey, it was like a 2 br with a carport. PM me and I ll pass you her number. Or PM me your cell and I ll have her call you.