Riding the Metro

Lucian

Jan 25, 2008
A couple of months ago someone posted an interesting post describing how one could take a publico from the Colonial Zone to the Metro and ride it to Villa Mella and back. I have been searching for it with no luck. Help!!

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
A couple of months ago someone posted an interesting post describing how one could take a publico from the Colonial Zone to the Metro and ride it to Villa Mella and back. I have been searching for it with no luck. Help!!
On the north side of parque independencia on avenida bolivar take a publico to maximo gomez. Walk south on gomez to the metro train stop. To go to Villa Mella enter the train station on the east side of gomez. It is about a 20 minute ride to Villa Mella. There isn't much to do at the Villa Mella stop other than walk around a bit and grab a bite to eat.

On your return trip exit the Joaqu?n Balaguer Station on M?ximo G?mez and walk south to Independencia. Take a publico back to parque independencia.

A couple of links:

http://www.dr1.com/forums/santo-domingo/90079-any-metro-updates.html

The DR Gringas Life: Metro Trip to Villa Mella

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
not necessary

On the north side of parque independencia on avenida bolivar take a publico to maximo gomez. Walk south on gomez to the metro train stop. To go to Villa Mella enter the train station on the east side of gomez. It is about a 20 minute ride to Villa Mella. There isn't much to do at the Villa Mella stop other than walk around a bit and grab a bite to eat.

On your return trip exit the Joaqu?n Balaguer Station on M?ximo G?mez and walk south to Independencia. Take a publico back to parque independencia.

A couple of links:

http://www.dr1.com/forums/santo-domingo/90079-any-metro-updates.html

The DR Gringas Life: Metro Trip to Villa Mella

When you exit Joaquin Balaguer, just stand at the side and point to the park. there are routes that go down Gomez, turn on Independencia, and go to the park. same cost.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
When you exit Joaquin Balaguer, just stand at the side and point to the park. there are routes that go down Gomez, turn on Independencia, and go to the park. same cost.
Thanks, good to know. It will save me a nice little walk the next time.

Lucian

Jan 25, 2008
Muchas Gracias

Muchas gracias a todos for your replies. I will be in Santo Domingo in late February and look forward to trying out the Metro.