"Canadian" Joke

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
This was received this morning with an attachment saying it was nominated as the best joke of the year - not sure by whom, though...

A Somalian arrives in Vancouver as a new immigrant to Canada . He stops the first person he sees walking down the street and says...

'Thank you, Mr. Canadian for letting me in this country, giving me housing, money for food, free medical care, free education and no taxes!'

The passerby says, 'You are mistaken, I am Mexican.'

The man goes on and encounters another passerby. ' Thank you for having such a beautiful country here in Canada !'

The person says, 'I not Canadian, I Vietnamese.'

The new arrival walks further, and the next person he sees he stops,
shakes his hand and says, 'Thank you for the wonderful Canada !'

That person puts up his hand and says, 'I am from Middle East , I am not
Canadian !'

He finally sees a nice lady and asks, 'Are you a Canadian ?'

She says , 'No, I am from Africa !'

Puzzled, he asks her, 'Where are all the Canadians ?'

The African lady checks her watch and says ...'Probably at work'

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Perhaps, add one more line to make it Dominican related:

He stops another guy who is all soaking wet and asked if he is Canadian.

The guy replies, No, I'm Dominican, I just swan ashore from a small boat.

- OR -

He stops another guy who appears to be a drug dealer and asked if he is Canadian.

The guy replies, No, I'm Dominican, I'm just here for On-the-Job training.

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Perhaps, add one more line to make it Dominican related:

He stops another guy who is all soaking wet and asked if he is Canadian.

The guy replies, No, I'm Dominican, I just swan ashore from a small boat.

- OR -

He stops another guy who appears to be a drug dealer and asked if he is Canadian.

The guy replies, No, I'm Dominican, I'm just here for On-the-Job training.

I considered Dominicanizing it, but in the Clown Bin relevance is not required (i.e. - Polish Airplane Crash joke previously) so I simply cut and pasted it...

Gregg

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
I dont get it

OK....All the immigrants have everyday with free time on their hands doing as they please with the Canadian government footing all their bills. The Canadian citizens have to work everyday for the same privileges.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I dont get it

Canada, like the UK has a reputation of accepting refugees without fully investigating their background. We aren't the only country with this reputation, and many immigrants are extremely hard working, far more so that native born Canadians. It is funny though.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Right now in Montreal is 18 F and in Santo Domingo is 79 F, for a Dominican to live in Canada must be a very good reason. where I live is not that cold like in Canada but is still very cold right now is 30 F there is not reason for me to be here like a prisoner all time inside a house, we are counting the months for our daughter to finish college next August and we'll say Florida new home, we are thinking about West palm beach because I have some family there I've been there twice and I like it.

JJ

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
Right now in Montreal is 18 F and in Santo Domingo is 79 F, for a Dominican to live in Canada must be a very good reason. where I live is not that cold like in Canada but is still very cold right now is 30 F there is not reason for me to be here like a prisoner all time inside a house, we are counting the months for our daughter to finish college next August and we'll say Florida new home, we are thinking about West palm beach because I have some family there I've been there twice and I like it.

JJ

It's 11:14 pm and in downtown Montreal it's 21 F

That's why we sold our property in the D.R. we were not borned to be prisoners.

Last edited:

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
It's 11:14 pm and in downtown Montreal it's 21 F

That's why we sold our property in the D.R. we were not borned to be prisoners.

Over Christmas we had visitors from Jarabacoa and Santiago visit us here in Belleville, They also went to Toronto, Montreal, Boston, and NYC. They all loved Toronto and Montreal and thought that Canada was Tranquilo, clean, safe...etc. The young guys (university students at PUMMC) really liked Toronto.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
That is like the old saw: Try the soup! (repeated maybe fifteen times)

I don't have a spoon!

Ah Hah!

You have to have a droll sense of humor to get it, but I agree it is a good one.

Now it is very near 32 F here in Boynton Beach, there are freeze warnings for all of the farmers. People have covered their flowers.

Good morning to you all!

HB

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
We got down to like 64 F last night but somehow it feels like 44 to me. We all have the blankets out and I've still got a sweater on. brrrr!

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Every day at 5:20 am when I head to work the temperature is close to the 20 F here in Raleigh NC.

Tu no querias mambo?

Coge mambo hay!!!

JJ